Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Creative thinking

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : requested

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
6 Oct 2012 7:26PM
As per usual a small number of members in these forums continue to degrade the voting system and blame its members for its hang-ups.

I donít believe it right or even far to accuse any member of cheating or abusing this system. Even worse a member of the gallery team sees it as fair and is promoting this bad feeling.

Quote:The abuse is perceived as being carried out by a minority of members who have formed informal reciprocal-voting cliques as a strategy for getting their photos a minimum of 30 votes and an automatic award - the Readers Choice Award

People vote for many reasons, its a community thing that`s all.

Where are the creative thinkers, those prepared to think outside the box, and not blaming others.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

whipspeed e2
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
6 Oct 2012 7:31PM

Quote:People vote for many reasons, its a community thing that`s all.

I think that sums it up pretty well.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
6 Oct 2012 7:36PM
Paul, have you not been reading the forums? Chris and CB have been doing their best to try and influence improvenments in the gallery system, and have been the only creative thinkers I've seen. All you done is pick holes in what you think Pete doesn't like. Where's your creativity? Your comments haven't changed since I've been here.

Don't lock these threads mods, we need to get a few things out in the open, and clear the air. There's nothing personal here, and Paul and I haven't had words like this before, but can't you just see them coming out of the woodwork?

Denny
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
6 Oct 2012 7:41PM

Quote:Paul, have you not been reading the forums? Chris and CB have been doing their best to try and influence improvenments in the gallery system

That just it, there not creative thinkers, there organising a lynch mob instead and your just as badSad
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
6 Oct 2012 7:47PM
Oh, come on Paul, you really don't do yourself credit with a comment like that. Who are they trying to Lynch? In your opinion, of course.

Denny

PS: Lynch mob so far; Chris, CB, and me!Tongue
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
6 Oct 2012 7:49PM

Quote:PS: Lynch mob so far; Chris, CB, and me!

Oh, a clique.
robthecamman 3 1.4k United Kingdom
6 Oct 2012 7:49PM
sounds like a clique to me Smile
JohnParminter 7 1.3k 14 England
6 Oct 2012 7:52PM

Quote:Where are the creative thinkers, those prepared to think outside the box, and not blaming others.

I'm here Paul.

I disabled the ability of voting on my images about 18 months ago....

Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
6 Oct 2012 7:53PM

Quote:Oh, a clique

Yes but an anti social clique of negative thinkers Smile

Here`s are few thoughts.

Currently your allowed to give one user award a day, how about changing this to seven a week ie save them up, then pick the best from what you have short listed (somedays you might see nothing worth awarding, others two or three)

Those images you have shortlist appear under the members picture, showing that the picture has been short listed and the number of times ie x1, x2, x7 etc (anonymously)

Short listing encourages members to try harder, obviously this will only help if they can see they have been short listed.

Run this alongside the current community award, its not broken and doesnít need fixing.

Add an option to opt out of one or the other.
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
6 Oct 2012 8:05PM
Can't people just stop bitching and get out there and take photos instead?

Malc
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
6 Oct 2012 8:08PM
lol instead of flooding the forums with copy/past Smile
rossd 11 1.1k England
6 Oct 2012 8:16PM

Quote:Can't people just stop bitching and get out there and take photos instead?

I agree. Some members (no names of course but I'm sure you know whom they are) seem to spend more time on ePz bitching about the voting system than is healthy.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
6 Oct 2012 8:24PM
I`m bitching about the bitching, its just not fair on Pete and the team.

Time to look at things positively.
mdpontin 10 6.0k Scotland
6 Oct 2012 8:33PM
Here's an alternative perspective on the so-called "crisis" in the voting system (which appears to excessively exercise the minds of a tiny but vocal minority):

1: I'll go out on a limb and suggest that those who abuse the system are very much in the minority.
2: By constantly whining about "click cliques" spoiling the party, you give the impression that all votes/awards are worthless, ignoring the fact that even a "lowly" RC can be a source of encouragement to many
3: You can come up with amazing new schemes until the lights go out - somebody, you can be sure, will still not be satisfied with whatever is decided.
4: In theory, at least, the important thing is to enjoy our photography, encourage and help others, and share our efforts with like-minded people...NOT agonise ad nauseum about voting systems!

That's my creative contribution.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
6 Oct 2012 8:45PM

Quote:Here's an alternative perspective on the so-called "crisis

I would`nt quite call it that, it crops up perhaps three or four times a year Smile