Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Creative thinking

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: requested
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315393 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 7:26 PM

As per usual a small number of members in these forums continue to degrade the voting system and blame its members for its hang-ups.

I donít believe it right or even far to accuse any member of cheating or abusing this system. Even worse a member of the gallery team sees it as fair and is promoting this bad feeling.

Quote: The abuse is perceived as being carried out by a minority of members who have formed informal reciprocal-voting cliques as a strategy for getting their photos a minimum of 30 votes and an automatic award - the Readers Choice Award

People vote for many reasons, its a community thing that`s all.

Where are the creative thinkers, those prepared to think outside the box, and not blaming others.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 6 Oct 2012 - 7:27 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Oct 2012 - 7:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104042 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 7:31 PM

Quote: People vote for many reasons, its a community thing that`s all.

I think that sums it up pretty well.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014818 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 7:36 PM

Paul, have you not been reading the forums? Chris and CB have been doing their best to try and influence improvenments in the gallery system, and have been the only creative thinkers I've seen. All you done is pick holes in what you think Pete doesn't like. Where's your creativity? Your comments haven't changed since I've been here.

Don't lock these threads mods, we need to get a few things out in the open, and clear the air. There's nothing personal here, and Paul and I haven't had words like this before, but can't you just see them coming out of the woodwork?

Denny

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315393 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 7:41 PM

Quote: Paul, have you not been reading the forums? Chris and CB have been doing their best to try and influence improvenments in the gallery system

That just it, there not creative thinkers, there organising a lynch mob instead and your just as badSad

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 6 Oct 2012 - 7:45 PM
StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014818 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 7:47 PM

Oh, come on Paul, you really don't do yourself credit with a comment like that. Who are they trying to Lynch? In your opinion, of course.

Denny

PS: Lynch mob so far; Chris, CB, and me!Tongue

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111550 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 7:49 PM

Quote: PS: Lynch mob so far; Chris, CB, and me!

Oh, a clique.

robthecamman
6 Oct 2012 - 7:49 PM

sounds like a clique to me Smile

JohnParminter

Quote: Where are the creative thinkers, those prepared to think outside the box, and not blaming others.

I'm here Paul.

I disabled the ability of voting on my images about 18 months ago....

Smile

Paul Morgan
6 Oct 2012 - 7:53 PM

Quote: Oh, a clique

Yes but an anti social clique of negative thinkers Smile

Here`s are few thoughts.

Currently your allowed to give one user award a day, how about changing this to seven a week ie save them up, then pick the best from what you have short listed (somedays you might see nothing worth awarding, others two or three)

Those images you have shortlist appear under the members picture, showing that the picture has been short listed and the number of times ie x1, x2, x7 etc (anonymously)

Short listing encourages members to try harder, obviously this will only help if they can see they have been short listed.

Run this alongside the current community award, its not broken and doesnít need fixing.

Add an option to opt out of one or the other.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 6 Oct 2012 - 7:57 PM
saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43928 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 8:05 PM

Can't people just stop bitching and get out there and take photos instead?

Malc

Paul Morgan
6 Oct 2012 - 8:08 PM

lol instead of flooding the forums with copy/past Smile

rossd
rossd  111061 forum posts England
6 Oct 2012 - 8:16 PM

Quote: Can't people just stop bitching and get out there and take photos instead?

I agree. Some members (no names of course but I'm sure you know whom they are) seem to spend more time on ePz bitching about the voting system than is healthy.

Last Modified By rossd at 6 Oct 2012 - 8:17 PM
Paul Morgan
6 Oct 2012 - 8:24 PM

I`m bitching about the bitching, its just not fair on Pete and the team.

Time to look at things positively.

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
6 Oct 2012 - 8:33 PM

Here's an alternative perspective on the so-called "crisis" in the voting system (which appears to excessively exercise the minds of a tiny but vocal minority):

1: I'll go out on a limb and suggest that those who abuse the system are very much in the minority.
2: By constantly whining about "click cliques" spoiling the party, you give the impression that all votes/awards are worthless, ignoring the fact that even a "lowly" RC can be a source of encouragement to many
3: You can come up with amazing new schemes until the lights go out - somebody, you can be sure, will still not be satisfied with whatever is decided.
4: In theory, at least, the important thing is to enjoy our photography, encourage and help others, and share our efforts with like-minded people...NOT agonise ad nauseum about voting systems!

That's my creative contribution.

Last Modified By mdpontin at 6 Oct 2012 - 8:34 PM
Paul Morgan
6 Oct 2012 - 8:45 PM

Quote: Here's an alternative perspective on the so-called "crisis

I would`nt quite call it that, it crops up perhaps three or four times a year Smile

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: requested