Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Creative thinking

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: requested
robthecamman
6 Oct 2012 - 8:48 PM

true mdpontin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Oct 2012 - 8:48 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111515 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 8:57 PM

Quote: Here's an alternative perspective on the so-called "crisis" in the voting system (which appears to excessively exercise the minds of a tiny but vocal minority):

1: I'll go out on a limb and suggest that those who abuse the system are very much in the minority.
2: By constantly whining about "click cliques" spoiling the party, you give the impression that all votes/awards are worthless, ignoring the fact that even a "lowly" RC can be a source of encouragement to many
3: You can come up with amazing new schemes until the lights go out - somebody, you can be sure, will still not be satisfied with whatever is decided.
4: In theory, at least, the important thing is to enjoy our photography, encourage and help others, and share our efforts with like-minded people...NOT agonise ad nauseum about voting systems!

That's my creative contribution.

Very well put and I agree 100%

Last Modified By CaptivePhotons at 6 Oct 2012 - 8:57 PM
Eviscera
Eviscera  81097 forum posts United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 9:02 PM

Quote: Where are the creative thinkers

We are stuck inside a box and only let out on Saturdays !

Live and let live I reckon, we all post (or not) for different reasons.

Id (imho) just ask the social voters , to actually ask themselves "is this any good" before the daily routine.

Besides , Ive just worked out how they communicate Smile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314909 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 9:07 PM

hehe Smile

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014454 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 9:07 PM

Quote: Here`s are few thoughts.

Currently your allowed to give one user award a day, how about changing this to seven a week ie save them up, then pick the best from what you have short listed (somedays you might see nothing worth awarding, others two or three)

Those images you have shortlist appear under the members picture, showing that the picture has been short listed and the number of times ie x1, x2, x7 etc (anonymously)

Short listing encourages members to try harder, obviously this will only help if they can see they have been short listed.

Run this alongside the current community award, its not broken and doesnít need fixing.

Add an option to opt out of one or the other.

Get back in the box Paul.Wink

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73818 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 9:24 PM

Ah, nights must be drawing in and serotonin levels dropping, all the doom and gloom that seems to have descended on the forums this week surrounding voting (it seems half the threads are related to voting).

Getting back to Paul's original point, doesn't uploading just for the aspiration of some award / vote or other stifle creative thinkers? Trying to please the majority? And not striving to break the mold. We must just ignore the "it must be crap, it's not got 30 votes - delete" mindset.

Tbh I'm happy to live and let live, leave things alone it works, there is something about EPZ community spirit that we are starting to lose - but that is why it's different from other sites, it's USP.

The so called cliques I don't believe are that prevalent - with exceptions, and they are so easy to spot (you can filter votes descending over a set period) if it were policed a little better a lot of time could be saved trying to come up with a "cunning plan" to reinvent the wheel.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014454 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Oct 2012 - 9:27 PM

Quote: if it were policed a little better a lot of time could be saved trying to come up with a "cunning plan" to reinvent the wheel.

Wise words nick.Smile

(PS: Would you mind terribly, going to my PF and voting, please?)

puertouk
puertouk  21053 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
7 Oct 2012 - 11:21 AM

Why not just stop voting and that will put an end to it? I am staggered at some images get so many votes in the first place, as certain individuals post virtually the same type of image all the time. They never have any imput on the site, just keep uploading and take all the glory of 30 + votes every time.

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
7 Oct 2012 - 11:51 AM

Look, any 'award' that anyone gets given on here is not an actual, solid gold, medal/trophy that you can put in your downstairs loo or sell on ebay, it doesn't get you a promotion at work, it is not a recognised qualification, you can't use it to queue jump at the Ivy......it's a fun thing, that only happens at EPZ.

Why, why, why do so many people take it all sooooooo seriously?????????? How on earth can you find the time and energy to get so worked up about it????? All I can think is your lives must be lacking some real drama, excitement, stress, whatever for you to feel the need to whinge, moan, complain, come up with conspiracy theories and flounce over whether or not you or anyone else has got a little graphic next to a photo.

It's not real, it's nice to get, I like it when I get one, but that's it!!!!!! I smile and move on, if I don't get one, SO WHAT?????????

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111515 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Oct 2012 - 12:08 PM

Quote: Look, any 'award' that anyone gets given on here is not an actual, solid gold, medal/trophy that you can put in your downstairs loo or sell on ebay, it doesn't get you a promotion at work, it is not a recognised qualification, you can't use it to queue jump at the Ivy......it's a fun thing, that only happens at EPZ.

Why, why, why do so many people take it all sooooooo seriously?????????? How on earth can you find the time and energy to get so worked up about it????? All I can think is your lives must be lacking some real drama, excitement, stress, whatever for you to feel the need to whinge, moan, complain, come up with conspiracy theories and flounce over whether or not you or anyone else has got a little graphic next to a photo.

It's not real, it's nice to get, I like it when I get one, but that's it!!!!!! I smile and move on, if I don't get one, SO WHAT?????????

And that sums it all up very nicely. So can we lock the offending 'click threads' that have appeared over the last few days and let the huge majority of members who are happy with the site get back to enjoying it.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314909 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Oct 2012 - 12:10 PM

Did you read my initial post Anna, I`ve been sticking up for those that don`t take it seriously Smile

Alan_Baseley
Alan_Baseley e2 Member 13320 forum postsAlan_Baseley vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Oct 2012 - 12:20 PM

Quote: Why not just stop voting and that will put an end to it? I am staggered at some images get so many votes in the first place, as certain individuals post virtually the same type of image all the time. They never have any imput on the site, just keep uploading and take all the glory of 30 + votes every time.

Glory!!???

Last Modified By Alan_Baseley at 7 Oct 2012 - 12:20 PM
KevSB
KevSB  101404 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
7 Oct 2012 - 12:27 PM

Paul allthrough I agree with what you say entirely and know you have the majority of members intrests this thread is just adding another to the mass that is creating the bad feeling, I feel its time to just delete any threads on this and ignore any new ones including this one which again has turned into a slugfest.

And can pete start selling T shirts with the slogen

Quote: Can't people just stop bitching and get out there and take photos instead?

One line covers every argument

Quote: People vote for many reasons, its a community thing that`s all.

Lets end it now

Paul Morgan
7 Oct 2012 - 12:31 PM

Quote: Paul allthrough I agree with what you say entirely and know you have the majority of members intrests this thread is just adding another to the mass that is creating the bad feeling

It wasn`t my intention I and agree with you

Time to delete I think.

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
7 Oct 2012 - 2:42 PM

I did Paul, I agree with you, after 8 years of hearing the same whining I just get exasperated, it's like constantly refereeing the petty, trivial illogical arguments my kids have, but online!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: requested