Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Credited for a photo I did not take!!!

StuartAt e2
10 1.1k 6 England
5 Jun 2008 12:23PM
Just had to share this one with you.... just got an email from Autotrader:

Quote:"We’re interested in running a story on Lewis Hamilton’s dad crashing a Porsche Carrera, which is in the daily newspapers today.

I noticed there was accreditation to you for the pictures in today’s Daily Star. Could you send us the main image for our story? It will only be a small digital image sized 300x200 pixels and be placed on our homepage for one or two days at the most."

Normally I'd think this was fantastic (although I notice no mention of actually giving me money for the photo), but I didn't even take it!!! This is almost the whole copyright thing in reverse!

Tempted to go and get a Daily Star just to see my name in a 'daily'.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
5 Jun 2008 1:00PM
Makes a pleasant change from not being credited for a photo one did take! Wink
fishiee e2
10 469 3 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2008 2:15PM
Hehe I was credited for contributing phoptographs to one of the Hawk Conservancy's advertising leaflets, a few of them in fact, ... but none of my pics were on them! Smile
StuartAt e2
10 1.1k 6 England
5 Jun 2008 3:35PM
Just discovered this guy works for Rex Features - he has a load of credits for pics of Beckham and Rachel Stevens amongst others.
Camairish e2
9 1.3k Scotland
5 Jun 2008 7:47PM
I was once credited for a landscape shot on the front of a wee supplement in a Sunday Paper in Scotland that I didn't take - I felt a bit guilty.....but it didn't last long!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.