Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Credited for a photo I did not take!!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    StuartAt
    StuartAt e2 Member 91034 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jun 2008 - 12:23 PM

Just had to share this one with you.... just got an email from Autotrader:

Quote: "We’re interested in running a story on Lewis Hamilton’s dad crashing a Porsche Carrera, which is in the daily newspapers today.

I noticed there was accreditation to you for the pictures in today’s Daily Star. Could you send us the main image for our story? It will only be a small digital image sized 300x200 pixels and be placed on our homepage for one or two days at the most."

Normally I'd think this was fantastic (although I notice no mention of actually giving me money for the photo), but I didn't even take it!!! This is almost the whole copyright thing in reverse!

Tempted to go and get a Daily Star just to see my name in a 'daily'.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Jun 2008 - 12:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jun 2008 - 1:00 PM

Makes a pleasant change from not being credited for a photo one did take! Wink

fishiee
    fishiee e2 Member 10469 forum postsfishiee vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jun 2008 - 2:15 PM

Hehe I was credited for contributing phoptographs to one of the Hawk Conservancy's advertising leaflets, a few of them in fact, ... but none of my pics were on them! Smile

StuartAt
    StuartAt e2 Member 91034 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jun 2008 - 3:35 PM

Just discovered this guy works for Rex Features - he has a load of credits for pics of Beckham and Rachel Stevens amongst others.

Camairish
    Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
    5 Jun 2008 - 7:47 PM

I was once credited for a landscape shot on the front of a wee supplement in a Sunday Paper in Scotland that I didn't take - I felt a bit guilty.....but it didn't last long!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.