Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

CRETE, FUN PHOTOGRAPHY MEET.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Patricia Fenn
28 Jun 2005 - 10:59 AM

Thanks to Tj for allowing me to post this. I must emphasize it is not a commercial venture, just a meeting of like minded photographers coming together for a good time and lots of photo oppertunities...a week long meet.

People keep asking about coming over and I've already had quite a few ePz members visiting, (see Gajj, Billma davieb, Evelen and Magda's pf) so I thought I'd organize this meet and take you to my favorite people and places in bulk Smile

This is what I've put together.

4th - 11th October.

Price includes:
7 nights in fishing village beach front apartment.
(see 'missing you'& 'Safely out' in my pf.)
7 lunches.
7 photography trips.
Small cove beach BBQ with fun and games. Trad Greek dancing night. (hopefully with belly dancer as well as the dainty stuff) Archaeological site.
Terrapins, egrets and griffin vultures in natural habitat.
Ostrich farm.
Farmers market.
Secluded nude model beach shoot.
Trad fishermen net mending.
Boat trip to venetian fortress island leper colony.
Mountain villages.
Raki distilling.
Traditional olive oil making.
Possibly apiary and honey production and goat milking and cheese making.

The real Crete not the tourist trail. Information sheets & maps of villages.
All transport provided.

225 pounds per person excluding flight, see below for some flight prices I've found, or search the web yourself, sure there are better deals.
Based on 3 per apartment. Small supplement for two or singles.
Optional extra of open top jeep safari (still harassing car rental owner for a discount rate).

There are only 18 places.

FLIGHTS that I found on the web, return prices in pounds, some including taxes.

Charter Flight Center Tel: 0845 045 0153
Outgoing airport:
Gatwick 154 (sorry, lost my pound sign)
Glasgow 159
Birmingham 164
Manchester 164
Bristol 179
Exeter 189

Vola Gratis (web)
Manchester 143
Belfast 220.50

Onlinetravel.com (web)
London 169 (inc tax)
Manchester 169 (inc tax)

Cheapestflights.co.uk tel: 0080 195 3032
London 164 (inc tax)
Manchester 180 (inc tax)
Belfast 181 (inc tax)
Glasgow 181 (inc tax)
Exeter 191 (inc tax)

Insurance:
Entirely up to you, but we have an excellent medical service for which you need your E111 (form from the post office.) Theft is such a rarity here it makes the TV news. (All transport will of course be fully insured)

Deposit:
Fifty pounds none returnable deposit for the apartment, the remainder to be paid at the end of holiday.

Need to bring:
Sun lotion, casual light clothes, a long sleeve top, swim wear, mosquito replant (Boots do a sunscreen & mozi replant in one) teabags (essential) coffee and your fave breakfast cereal.

Full and detailed itinerary will be posted next week.

Any special requests (or in Headskiesfly's case, special needs Wink will be dealt with to the best of my ability.
There will be access to an INTERNET caf.

Must emphasize once again, this is not a professional venture, there will be no instruction, it's a meet, fun, sun, and photos.

Any questions?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Jun 2005 - 10:59 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mr g
mr g  10403 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jun 2005 - 11:24 AM

Can't come out to play myself (work) but I hope all goes well. The very best of luck to you and anyone who takes up this exciting invite.
Rob

Patricia Fenn
28 Jun 2005 - 12:10 PM

Gutted, Rob. But as you got such great shots out of the EP meet, I would have been stalking you anyway :-P

Patricia Fenn
28 Jun 2005 - 12:10 PM

Replant? Repellent :-P Smell-check doesn't understand me!

magda_indigo
28 Jun 2005 - 3:18 PM

I'm dying to come again, it was just soooooooooooo fantastic, I'm still daily remembering and talking about things that happened, I saw, I ate, people I met, WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE, thanx again, M (*_*)

covey
covey  91672 forum posts Ireland
28 Jun 2005 - 3:27 PM

Put me down for next time, hols planned for '05. Love the shots coming out of there from yourself, Lydia and Magda. Keep it up and good luck with the week.

Tommie

jules41
jules41  10197 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Jun 2005 - 3:36 PM

AWWWW...Gutted now Patricia,not sure if the old pockets will stretch to a third trip this year.But what a fabulous opportunity to get together with everyone and the raki distilling just sounds soo inviting....Would i get a discount if i did the Belly Dancing afterwards tho? :o)
Off to have a sulk now...sob

Patricia Fenn
28 Jun 2005 - 10:15 PM

Peter Bargh & Tj, thanks again, sorry for the forum thread, I was out most of yesterday and have just seen it. I was frustrated and disappointed but am now delighted.
I'll do all I can to give the ePz members a brill time...you coming then?

Julles41, only if you do the modeling bit to...and that would bring the price down by 50 quid Grin

Tommie, next time? I don't know if I'll be able to do another like this. It was a lot of work to organize and companies change hands each season, so it would be the same amount of negotiating and organizing all over again.

When I have a bit of time I'll put something together for the "Photo Locations' section.

DEPOSIT FOR APARTMENT:
I have to take 50 pounds none returnable deposit p.p. to secure the apartments, payable into the post office or Alliance & Leicester, please email me for the account number.
Patricia@acn.gr

sharonc
sharonc  11369 forum posts
29 Jun 2005 - 12:03 AM

Just wanted to wish you luck with this! It's quite something, taking on the organisation of a week-long event - wow! Sounds fantastic - wish I could come, but already going away in August and just in the process of buying a house so October is gonna be a bit busy :-(

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jun 2005 - 12:56 AM

Glad you managed to sort it out Patricia and good luck with the meet. It's bad enough doing a one day meet let alone a week, I'm sure Conrad will empathise with you after the Dutch meet. :0)

Ian

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012603 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jun 2005 - 12:58 AM

Sounds brilliant, would love to come but not sure finances will stretch and time off might be a problem but best of luck with it.

Patricia Fenn
29 Jun 2005 - 8:38 PM

K, ask the boss for a raise...sure he's a reasonable bloke Grin

I've had this idea...
if everyone brought one print, A3, in a mount, A2 I could ask around for an ePz exhibition to be put on here for the week. (I have A2 frames)

Any thoughts on this?

Ian...don't scare me, finding a nude model has already got me into some embarrassing lumber:-O

magda_indigo
30 Jun 2005 - 6:07 AM

exhibit on a theme? Or just random Pat?(*:*)

Patricia Fenn
30 Jun 2005 - 11:06 AM

Just an idea, Magda, any suggestions? I'll do all I can this side to set up anything anyone wants.

Just got in after a 12 hour day so it's a red and to bed for me.

I'm very serious though...if there is anything that would make the week special to any of you, post it here or email me privately, I'll do all I can, promise!

PS, It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm on the early morning cat to Santorini until Sunday night (thanks to Berty, even though he's not to good with a chest infection).
I'll be back here Sunday night to catch up.
See yah!

IanA
IanA  103048 forum posts England12 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jun 2005 - 11:13 AM

Have a great weekend Pat!

Ian

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.