Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

CRETE, FUN PHOTOGRAPHY MEET.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jun 2005 - 11:19 AM

Have a great weekend and Happy Birthday PatSmile)))

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Jun 2005 - 11:19 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Patricia Fenn
30 Jun 2005 - 11:49 AM

Thanks very much, felt a bit of a Pooh after causing such a caffufal, it wasn't my intention. thanks for letting it go ahead, Pete.

agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
30 Jun 2005 - 1:32 PM

"PS, It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm on the early morning cat to Santorini until Sunday night "

Now there'a place to go for photographs! Never been, but seen so many shots of it, it looks incredibly photogenic!

Patricia Fenn
30 Jun 2005 - 7:19 PM

Up & Packing.

ABWHITT.
Anyone thinking of a ten or 14 day trip could arrange their return flight from Santorini.
There is a high speed ferry to Santorini, 2 hours and always rooms available. They do live off the tourists there. It's a very small island and done to death photographically, but still beautiful, a bit more expensive, and quite touristy.
It's ancient history and archeology are fascinating but unlike Crete the government have removed all the fresco's from Acrotiri to reconstruct them so that's quite disappointing.

NUDE MODEL SHOOT.
Thought I'd put this in because I guess a lot of amateur photographers would like to try it but don't have the opportunity.
It will take place in a small cove a mile or so outside a delightful little fishing village on the south coast. The village (Mertos) is where a lot of our bottled water comes from and very green and flowery all year and has lots of 'quaint' Cretan corners.

Those that don't want to try the model shoot will be dropped of at the village with one of the drivers and we will all meet there after the event.

LOCAL PRICES.
I'll just cut and paste this answer to an inquiry.

LUNCHES will be provided. They will consist of simple food i.e.
Suvlaki: (chunks of pork freshly BBQd on a stick, Greek salad, a hunk of fresh bread and a beer/soft drink.
Packed lunch: ham and cheese or tuna/mayo bun, coleslaw, kitcat, beer/soft drink, fresh fruit.
Giros: A pita bread stuffed with grilled pork or chicken, salad and chips, Beer/soft drink.
Meze: A combination of small Greek dishes to pick and choose, Beer/soft drink.
Pic-nic: Assorted sandwiches, fresh fruit, salads, drinks.
I'll sort something appropriate for vegetarians.

EVENING MEALS and TIPS +-
Costs:
1 Amstel beer in a restaurant 2 Euro...supermarket 60c, Supermarket brand 19c (that's what I drink)
Restaurant bill: good fresh food and drink +Wine/beer= +-25 Euro for two
Tips for week: driver+- 15 Euro, room +-10 Euro, Model, dancer +-5 Euro each...if you like.

Got to go, catch you Sunday night, bye!

PS EVENINGS:
We are 2 hours ahead here so those that usually rise 7 ish will naturally be up for some sunrise shots and the apartment has good views of this.
I'm an early to bed girl 9-10 ish so apart from the beach BBQ and the Greek night (which will be a small private affair,) you will be on your own in the evenings.
The place has no disco or such like and is quite quiet and evenings consist of sitting around the beach front and chatting, TV (film are in English) and just being sociable. I guess there will be discussions about the days photos and such and lap top viewing.

ngeeves
ngeeves  11118 forum posts United Kingdom
2 Jul 2005 - 1:48 PM

I'm in sent you an email (or two) Patricia Smile
Sounds great and looking forward to coming over (i need the break and inspiration)

Regards

Nick

takui neko
takui neko  10849 forum posts Spain11 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jul 2005 - 5:53 PM

Hello Patricia!
I just found this thread and I wonder are all the seats booked already? I have always wanted to meet some ePz members in person and this seems like a good oportunity for me since Im not very far away from Crete and will have time in October.
If they are all booked already I can always find my way there so there is no problem if there is no space left. Smile

Patricia Fenn
3 Jul 2005 - 1:44 PM

Midnight, just got back, had a great birthday weekend!

Takui, there's still places, we'd love to meet you too.
Nick, great! will send details first thing tom.

Night-night X

PS Takui, just found your pf, wow, you'll have us all on our toes at the NM shoot Smile

takui neko
3 Jul 2005 - 5:33 PM

NM shot!? Whats that?! Grin
In any case, I was thinking maybe I could bring some models and so there would be more options to practice nudes or otherwise, I dont know, as people want, in any case, I would like to be there, shall I write to your email to organize?

Patricia Fenn
4 Jul 2005 - 12:35 PM

Not sure if you are pulling my leg Smile
It's a very kind offer, thanks...
but...

It's quite important that this stays as just a fun meet as I really don't want to step on any of the professional photo holiday organizers toes.

They pay advertising fees and I presume work hard to make a profit and pay taxes. I'm already treading a fine line by throwing in some entertainment and a pretty and shapely girl who'll pose for the shoot, but who isn't a professional model exactly.

Please email me, Takui, for further details.

Nick, haven't forgotten you, was daft enough to post a shot today and the hours have flown by trying to catch up with comments and studying others pf's.

takui neko
4 Jul 2005 - 12:41 PM

Ok,AOAP was kind enough to tell me about the NM, now I know, thank you, and I really wasnt pulling your leg. Smile

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Jul 2005 - 11:35 AM

What is the weather like that time of the year?.

keithh
keithh  1022553 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2005 - 11:37 AM

Scorchio!

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Jul 2005 - 11:59 AM

Loverly... Smile)

old timer
old timer  955 forum posts Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jul 2005 - 1:23 PM

Just discovered this thread. Sounds like it'll be a great laugh but unfortunately I'll be in Madrid at the time (annular eclipse on October 3rd). Hope you all have a fantastic time!

Jim

agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
5 Jul 2005 - 2:14 PM

"but unfortunately I'll be in Madrid at the time (annular eclipse on October 3rd). "

Is it? I shall be a bit further south, hopefully Crdoba. I'll keep an eye out.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.