Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

CRETE, FUN PHOTOGRAPHY MEET.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Patricia Fenn
6 Jul 2005 - 12:40 PM

Awe heck! I'll miss you Jim and Abwhit, but if you must go popping moonies I can't do anything about it Smile

WEATHER:
The bay of Mirabello has a bit of a micro climate (slightly cooler summers and milder winters). In the thirteen years I've lived there I've found early October to be mostly in the high 70's...you can work that out in new numbers. Humidity is never a problem as it is very low here.
The hot southerly Meltemmi (Mistral) has gone and we get a nice easy northerly breeze, 3-4 bf. Hopefully we'll have some clouds and if we are lucky our first rain shower since early spring. Dry electrical storms at night are a possibility and quite spectacular.
The night temperature starts to drop and by mid October I have my leccie blanket plugged in.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Jul 2005 - 12:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Patricia Fenn
7 Jul 2005 - 12:05 PM

Forgot to say, and perhaps no one is interested, but we have very little light pollution (or any pollution) so at night the sky is wonderful, millions of starsSmile

Hope everyone's OK, just heard about some bombings in London. Going to check it out on the web.

User_Removed
8 Jul 2005 - 2:02 AM

stop it!! ur making it harder to resist! Smile
sten

scotdiver
scotdiver  11260 forum posts Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2005 - 2:50 AM

Patricia

I'll be interested in this - just need to confirm holiday time when I get back to UK next Monday. On holiday / at home in Gozo this week. I may be able to arrange another model, and I would be bringing my underwater set-up as well.

Robert

Patricia Fenn
8 Jul 2005 - 12:12 PM

Sten...don't fight it, baby!

Robert...do I understand you're on personal terms with a mermaid then? Bit fishy!
LOL.

ITINERARY:
Day one 4th October.

Collected from airport and taken to apartment, north east beach front.

Depending on flights, perhaps a bit of a shoot (rusty steam train, marina, Venetian Fortress, all 5 mins from airport) if there are two flights within an hour of each other. Light lunch/tea, all depending on arrival times.

Drive to apartments.

7pm: meet, introduction chat about the week, special requests. Maps and important info for the next days activities. Prints for exhibition collected. (If we decide to do one, you have 4 weeks to think about it, anything vaguely connected with sea water.)

8/9pm: 10 minute drive to spectacular sunset viewpoint(depending on sunset time Smile

That's it for day one. sure you'll all be tired from the journey.

I'll post day 2 in a few days time, night-night I-O

flossie
flossie  111557 forum posts
8 Jul 2005 - 2:38 PM

ooh ...ooh, I'd love to come, might cause a few probs at home seeing as I've just been to Spain with the girls ...do I have time to work on him, or are you getting booked up Pat?

takui neko
takui neko  10849 forum posts Spain11 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2005 - 3:56 PM

So whos going so far?

ngeeves
ngeeves  11118 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Jul 2005 - 4:58 PM

I am with my fellow Photographer Paul that makes 2 of us Smile

User_Removed
8 Jul 2005 - 6:00 PM

looking on line at prices and its offered a few airports in crete. which one u live nearest 2?
sten

Patricia Fenn
8 Jul 2005 - 9:52 PM

HIRAKLION is in the center of the north coast, the major airport, and about 65 kilometers from the apartments.

User_Removed
9 Jul 2005 - 4:34 AM

cheers Patricia
sten

scotdiver
scotdiver  11260 forum posts Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2005 - 8:45 AM

Patricia

Not a mermaid a Maiden LOL

Robert

Patricia Fenn
9 Jul 2005 - 9:09 AM

Takui,
Nick (ngreeves.
Paul.
Perhaps/Interested...
an Indigo or two, Headskiesfly's, Flossie (who can only come if she promises to do her famous bobble-hat dance after drinking her usual 16 largers...see Leeds meet in my pfSmile
and the above posts.

PS, whats AOAP? I'm hopeless at these things:-I

icafe
icafe  11 Canada
9 Jul 2005 - 9:19 AM

AOAP=AnswerOnAPostcard

Smile

Patricia Fenn
9 Jul 2005 - 11:37 AM

ooh! thought it was 'An Old Age Pensioner'

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.