Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

CRETE, FUN PHOTOGRAPHY MEET.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

User_Removed
10 Jul 2005 - 5:10 AM

if my mind sways to a yes (looking more likely every hour) then when and how would u like the 50 dep??
sten

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Jul 2005 - 5:10 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

flossie
flossie  111557 forum posts
10 Jul 2005 - 5:33 AM

Famous bobble hat dance done ...didn't work, I've not given up yet though ;o)

Patricia Fenn
10 Jul 2005 - 11:35 AM

DEPOSIT FOR APARTMENT:
I have to take 50 pounds none returnable deposit p.p. to secure the apartments, payable into the post office or Alliance & Leicester, please email me for the account number.
Patricia@acn.gr

Keep meaning to find my bank details...but spent the day putting a taster of the location in the LOCATIONS...it should go up shortly.

FLOSSIE...get here!
EVERY ON ELSE bring lots of 2p's to throw at the exotic bobble dancer. Fast shutter speeds needed!

takui neko
takui neko  10849 forum posts Spain11 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jul 2005 - 12:27 PM

Thanks Patricia, I will email you soon! Smile

Patricia Fenn
10 Jul 2005 - 10:44 PM

DAY 2:
Bit of a full day....

9am ish, pick up from apartments and visit archaeological site 10 minutes away. Half an hour for shots.

10.30 ish, short stop at secluded river spot to shoot terrapins in natural environment.

11.30 ish, olive oil place, heaps to photograph, reconstructed stone windmill, donkey working olive press, raki still, old teracotta urns... superb shop with all kinds of olive and honey goodies to taste.
Nearby is an old church with the best preserved Byzantine frescoes in Europe. Small entrants fee but if any one wants to go I'll run you up there.

12/1pm lunch: half a loaf stuffed with BBQ'd chicken breast, fresh salad and chips, beer/soft drink @ Ag. Nik view point.

Afternoon in Agios Nikolaos (Ag. Nik.) one of the most photographed places in Crete but very pretty.
If we do an exhibition I'll be using that time to make sure everything is ready for an opening the next night.

Return to apartments approx 5/6pm I'll leave you then but one driver will stay to take any one to a different viewpoint for the sunset.

Patricia Fenn
11 Jul 2005 - 9:00 AM

OK, the area is now in Photographic LocationsGrin

Has anyone got this years almanac? It would help me if you could tell me the state of the moon that week and the times of the sunset.

BBQ night is in a tiny fisherman's cove. we will have it to ourselves. If anyone can beg or borrow an underwater torch, mask and snorkel to bring for themselves, and even a throwaway underwater camera...the water is only shoulder high but the sea life is wonderful and varied there.
orange star fish, octopus, sea anemones, sea urchins(delicious if it's a full moon!) dabs, brittle star fish, king rag worm, pipe worms, multi-colored wrasse, scorpion fish, and beautiful blue garfish.

user_absconded
11 Jul 2005 - 11:50 AM

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/16754.html.
Can't do proper link, but you can find what you want here.

Patricia Fenn
11 Jul 2005 - 7:19 PM

Morning Lydia, thanksSmile
I'll check it out now.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2005 - 8:06 PM

Sounds like it will be an amazing experience!

IanA
IanA  103048 forum posts England12 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2005 - 8:32 PM

Too right!
Wink)

Patricia Fenn
11 Jul 2005 - 9:55 PM

2 ePz'ers are arriving on this flight:

2 adult(s)
Your outbound flight details
Depart London Gatwick (LGW)
Arrive Heraklion (HER)
07:30 04 Oct 2005
13:20 04 Oct 2005

FCA4210

Your inbound flight details
Depart Heraklion (HER)
Arrive London Gatwick (LGW)
14:20 11 Oct 2005
16:25 11 Oct 2005

FCA4211
Company: First Choice.

Great flight timesSmile

scotdiver
scotdiver  11260 forum posts Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2005 - 10:31 PM

You can make that three epz folk on the 07:30 out of Gatwick - just booked my ticket.

Patricia Fenn
12 Jul 2005 - 12:04 AM

Brilliant!!!

User_Removed
12 Jul 2005 - 5:28 AM

did u get my email Patricia?
sten

Patricia Fenn
12 Jul 2005 - 9:17 AM

Yes thanks, Sten.
Did everyone get the details?

Faffing about with my cantankerous printer all day - interspersed by a little light relief with the ePz soap.

ANY EXHIBITION THOUGHTS?
I don't want to approach top class hotel for exhibition unless there is a positive response.

PHOTO LOCATIONS HAS SOME VIEWS OF THE AREA WE'LL BE IN.

Back to the darned printer for me:-(
Night-night.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.