Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

CRETE, FUN PHOTOGRAPHY MEET.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

UserHasLeft
2 Aug 2005 - 1:39 AM

I know you're wanting to name and shame your motley crue so thought I'd butt in. This is the most amazing deal you've put together and too irresistible to.......resist. Hoping you've received some dosh by now.

You will have had the manager twisted around your little finger. Have a fag, it'll calm your nerves Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Aug 2005 - 1:39 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Patricia Fenn
2 Aug 2005 - 6:00 AM

Yes, Yes...YES!!!!!
It's looking good!
I have a meeting at the Hotel tomorrow.
Have you looked at the website...that gallery above reception looks good...or how about one of the conference rooms?

Frogs in my belly now! Must go and find anti-wrinkle cream and a dress that my boobs aren't falling out of.

Wish me luck and I'll get back to you tomorrow night.

ps, Thanks Mike...had more than one, but it was your kind words that helped me cope with the wait, ta Wink

gill f
gill f  10115 forum posts England
2 Aug 2005 - 7:19 AM

Sounds good - I took a look at their website - I agree it looks an impressive place.
My bank are crediting your account with the 50 deposit, and say it will be there in 3 days.

Patricia Fenn
3 Aug 2005 - 12:21 PM

10.30pm, just got in from hotel...YES! We are in! Full Exhibition, press opening, formal invitations...the whole works!
I have another meeting there on Monday. Will keep you informed.

Map & Invitations.

I have just acquired 20 very informative maps of Crete. I'll mark them up with the places we are going to so if you would like one in advance, please send me a large stamped addressed envelope asap.
My Berty is going to UK in a weeks time so he'll post them to you from Manchester airport.

I'll include a souvenir copy of the exhibition invitations. I have to print up 200 for the hotel and they are going to give me the hotel guest list 3 days before so we can personalize them. Then they will be placed in the guest's suites.

Anyone who is in the least bit anxious about exibiting...don't be. I'll give you all the help I can...you may-or may not sell...but at the very least you can honestly say you have exhibited in one of the top class luxury hotels in Crete.

We have the option of keeping the exhibition open for a month. As it is 2 hours drive for me...and 2 hours back, it would be impossible for me to attend every day so I'll try to come to some arrangement with the hotel.

I volunteered to give the hotel a small commission in return for them signing a tax paper exempting us from sales tax and making them responsible.

Prices: I sold my limited edition prints for 135 euro mounted but not framed and did very well thank you Smile
Higher prices would be perfectly acceptable.

So put you thinking caps on. 2 prints, A2, A3 or A4 mounted (most picture framers will cut mounts for you.)
ASPECTS OF THE SEA and CRETE. Anything from artistic nude to sand-flies so long as the title fits the theme.

I will have to put a press brief together so I need an email from you with a blurb and the name you wish to go under...and a profile pic would be good...no don't grone...get on with it!
LOL

Phew! Glass of red and off to bed for me. Night-nightX

pps FORGOT TO SAY...THE MAYER OF ONE OF THE SMALL VILLAGES WE ARE GOING TO VISIT IS SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS INTERNATIONAL GROUP OF FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHERS (WELL WE ARE, AREN'T WE?)sorry caps...He offered to turn on the Christmas lights for us..ha-ha...(they haven't got around to taking them down from last year yet)
I declined his kind offer as the two bells and a candle ones look horribly fallic when lit up.

UserHasLeft
3 Aug 2005 - 1:30 PM

Well done Pat, knew you'd have him eating out of your hand.
This is another excellent chance to be involved in an exhibition (I'm lucky enough to have a picture in Clare's brilliant show at Harlow Library).

Good luck with Monday's meeting and I think the conference room looks a super place for a few fine art pieces. Will get an S.A.E off posthaste.

Christmas lights, ha ha.

See ya sometime Smile

Patricia Fenn
3 Aug 2005 - 10:29 PM

PETER BARGH and team, Could you please take my home address of my last post here? I was tired and didn't think...not a wise thing to post it publicly, I'll email it to those coming so far (10)
I did email you but my email keeps being returned :-(
Thanks a lot, P.

scotdiver
scotdiver  11260 forum posts Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2005 - 10:44 PM

Patricia

Great news about the exhibition - now I need to have a deeper look at my images and find a couple.

Rob

Patricia Fenn
4 Aug 2005 - 8:07 AM

MORE GOOD NEWS:
Called in at the apartments on my way home for a chat...they have agreed to do two single beds in family size rooms with kitchen and private bathroom for the same price Smile

Thanks team for taking my address off here.

I'll send a communal email to everyone with my address...and mob phone number, in case of airport delays.

Will check deposit situation and contact you all by Monday after my meeting with the MD of Istron Bay Hotel.

Just took a shot of the apartments because I guess you are all curious; trust me, the area is a photographers dream.
Rust, ruins, painted boats and big mountains...and just for ROB, 'cos he's been so helpful, an underwater cave Smile

I'll post it first thing tom.

Got a hectic working weekend so forgive me if I'm quiet.
See you soon, P.

futura
futura  975 forum posts
8 Aug 2005 - 6:18 AM

Plans look great - gillf and I have just booked our flights.

Outbound FJE418 Gatwick - Heraklion 09:40 / 15:25
Inbound FJE419 Heraklion - Gatwick 16:25 / 18:25

evelen
evelen  9 England
8 Aug 2005 - 9:40 AM

this meet looks great patricia but sorry i will not be able to make this time in october .last time i came to you in crete you showed me a fantastic time there .wish i could make it .I think all the people going in october will have a wonderful time with you . eny one thinking of going to crete i am shaw you will have a wonderful time taking lots of photoes.
evelen.

Patricia Fenn
8 Aug 2005 - 10:04 AM

Brilliant, Futura! email me for further details (address on pf page) will reply immediately.

Further news:
Have drafted invitations, await your aproval....

Publicity: Athens News are gagging to cover us, delighted, ever so slightly intimidated by the fact they are currently covering David Hockney and co's exhibition in Athens.

Deposits: have emailed those received so far.

Jeep Safari: Found a fantastic un mapped track through deep ravine with caves and big birds, really wild, it ends near one of the villages we are visiting so I'm negotiating an open top jeep price for those that would like to take that rout. Will keep you informed.

Not many places left so please don't leave it to long if you'd like to come.

PS Thanks, Eve, it was just great having you...and the FAB black-puddings Grin

Patricia Fenn
16 Aug 2005 - 2:22 PM

Berty is flying back this Thursday so he'll post all your Maps invitations and pamphlets to look through from Manchester airport.
You should get them Saturday.
Those that haven't sent a sae yet, just email me with your address.

ANYONE STILL SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT COMING email me with your address and I'll send you the stuff too.

Night-night X

Patricia Fenn
17 Aug 2005 - 4:22 AM

EXHIBITION CONFORMATION:
Smile Just had conformation from Istron Bay Hotel that we are opening on the 6th October at 6pm.

Just posted a shot of the Exhibition location under Exhibitions, region, "Other" (look left>under Photos Smile All the buildings are part of Istron Bay Hotel. It will probably go up soon.

Patricia Fenn
18 Aug 2005 - 10:27 AM

More EXCELLENT news!!!
Met the guy who owns the olive oil farm today, he gave me some fab brochures (I popped them in your envelopes,you should get them tomorrow) and he offered to open half an hour early so the light would be lower for the shots, and....

...he's going to bring in the local potter to do a demonstration and throw some pots especially for you. The kiln will be fired up and anyone who wants their very own individual pot thrown (they are not the huge ones that we will see on another day) we can pick them up the next time we go past when they've been fired.

He will also have the donkey in it's regalia pulling the huge grindstone around.

What a nice man! A very-very nice manSmile

In your envelope you will find: map and legend, a fresh olive branch with young olives on, a bunch of fresh local herbs,(both cut from my garden this morning) the exhibition invitation, a guide book to Crete with lots of shots to wet your appetites and my phone card.
Enjoy!

Pete (ephotozine) I see the exhibition hasn't gone into the exhibition locations...did I do something wrong?

UserHasLeft
18 Aug 2005 - 11:47 AM

Every day there is good news! Thank you, Patricia Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.