Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Crisis - wine left open overnight.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2009 - 9:55 PM

Knock it back!............as long as you can be pretty sure it hasn't been used as an ashtray (beer cans are most prone to this threat) or a spittoon (unlikely unless the originator had a particularly good aim) Smile

I often leave a glassful in the bottle to prove that I didn't drink a whole bottle - and then I have something to look forward to for lunch the next day Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Mar 2009 - 9:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2009 - 11:15 PM

Thanks all for your support through this difficult time. In fact I found a fruity Chablis in the fridge (unopened) and have just finished that (not alone I hasten to add!), and will perhaps now venture on to the suspect red...the Chablis was particularly fine though...

Ganto
Ganto  8769 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2009 - 12:43 AM

That's the spirit Rog!

Drink the lot.

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2009 - 1:05 AM

and then just to be sure there won't be any nasty aftertaste, open another bottle and have a glass from that.
..then you'll have to finish that one tomorrow Wink

boony
boony  7978 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2009 - 7:11 AM

Quote: I've just discovered that the wine bottle was left open last night (red, left at room temperature), half a bottle left, but just tried a bit and it tastes ok.

What do you think - would you drink wine that had been left without the cork in for a day?

definitely , tastes much better especially red

magnus
magnus  9661 forum posts United Arab Emirates5 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2009 - 7:33 AM

Quote: Oh phew. Thanks for reassuring me! I thought it might have oxidised.

If you can't tell - does it matter? Smile

john64
john64 e2 Member 10824 forum postsjohn64 vcard England
9 Mar 2009 - 8:04 AM

I thought leaving wine in the bottle was actualy a criminal offence. Buying someone a 'wine stopper' is aiding and abetting.

The thing that always amuses me is when they write 'Once opened, consume within two days' on the label. Doesn't last two hours in our house Wink

agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
9 Mar 2009 - 9:07 AM

Quote: Come on guys, let's get real here. Who on earth goes to bed with a bottle of wine half finished!.

Probably didn't have a problem with the first two bottles, just couldn't finish the third one.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.