Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Exciting Updates to Free & Paid Memberships! Read More

Crisis - wine left open overnight.

Scutter Plus
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
8 Mar 2009 9:55PM
Knock it back!............as long as you can be pretty sure it hasn't been used as an ashtray (beer cans are most prone to this threat) or a spittoon (unlikely unless the originator had a particularly good aim) Smile

I often leave a glassful in the bottle to prove that I didn't drink a whole bottle - and then I have something to look forward to for lunch the next day Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sus Plus
10 3.2k 9 England
8 Mar 2009 11:15PM
Thanks all for your support through this difficult time. In fact I found a fruity Chablis in the fridge (unopened) and have just finished that (not alone I hasten to add!), and will perhaps now venture on to the suspect red...the Chablis was particularly fine though...
Ganto Plus
8 769 2 Ireland
9 Mar 2009 12:43AM
That's the spirit Rog!

Drink the lot.
Tooth Plus
9 5.8k 227 Ireland
9 Mar 2009 1:05AM
and then just to be sure there won't be any nasty aftertaste, open another bottle and have a glass from that.
..then you'll have to finish that one tomorrow Wink
boony Plus
8 978 3 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2009 7:11AM

Quote:I've just discovered that the wine bottle was left open last night (red, left at room temperature), half a bottle left, but just tried a bit and it tastes ok.

What do you think - would you drink wine that had been left without the cork in for a day?

definitely , tastes much better especially red
magnus Plus
10 661 5 United Arab Emirates
9 Mar 2009 7:33AM

Quote:Oh phew. Thanks for reassuring me! I thought it might have oxidised.

If you can't tell - does it matter? Smile
john64 Plus
10 824 England
9 Mar 2009 8:04AM
I thought leaving wine in the bottle was actualy a criminal offence. Buying someone a 'wine stopper' is aiding and abetting.

The thing that always amuses me is when they write 'Once opened, consume within two days' on the label. Doesn't last two hours in our house Wink
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
9 Mar 2009 9:07AM

Quote:Come on guys, let's get real here. Who on earth goes to bed with a bottle of wine half finished!.

Probably didn't have a problem with the first two bottles, just couldn't finish the third one.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.