Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Critique rankings . . . ?

Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
27 Mar 2012 2:02PM
I've just received a message and a link to this in the critique gallery.

Critique scores!?

I'll assume that there are people on here who concern themselves with such things, a bit like the 'cliquers' counting votes and presumably it's good for their egos but do we all need to be shown this?

Please Epz. If this has to be on display, at least let me have the option to remove my name from it.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

simont 10 2.2k 4 England
27 Mar 2012 2:38PM
Whats really sad is, I'm in 91st ( Sad ) position with 4 points ( Smile )!
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
27 Mar 2012 3:07PM

Quote:Whats really sad is, I'm in 91st ( Sad ) position with 4 points ( Smile )!

Apparently I'm also 91st Smile Ah well - can't be good at everything and I'll freely admit that my commenting skills leave a massive amount to be desired!
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
27 Mar 2012 3:13PM

Quote:
I'll assume that there are people on here who concern themselves with such things, a bit like the 'cliquers' counting votes and presumably it's good for their egos but do we all need to be shown this?

You assume wrong. This is not a requested item. We just decided to add it as an extra side panel feature while making some upgrades to that section.
Quote:
Please Epz. If this has to be on display, at least let me have the option to remove my name from it.

Why? Just dont look at it.
We can't keep continuing to add options to hide / turn off / change everything we do.
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2012 3:17PM

Quote:Whats really sad is, I'm in 91st ( Sad ) position with 4 points ( Smile )!

Apparently I'm also 91st Smile Ah well - can't be good at everything and I'll freely admit that my commenting skills leave a massive amount to be desired!

To put a positive spin on it - look at the room for improvement you have! Grin
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2012 3:22PM
I'm in 62nd, I expected to be about 3,000th
darranl 5 318 England
27 Mar 2012 3:30PM

Quote:I'm in 62nd, I expected to be about 3,000th

Don't worry no one is that low, I am 95th and have 0 points Wink
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
27 Mar 2012 3:33PM
3000th Ian? I'm 87th - and we have how many members!!! 15,000? That's where I expected to be!! Grin
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
27 Mar 2012 3:39PM
68th I am......hehehe....
geffers7 e2
4 37 1 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2012 3:51PM
I guess one of the ideas is to encourage more contructive critique - something I'm not very good at as evidenced by my own position of joint 95th (along with many others) Wink
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
27 Mar 2012 3:56PM

Quote:Why? Just dont look at it.

I shan't be looking at it.
I just think that it's pretty sad that such a thing has to be displayed.
darranl 5 318 England
27 Mar 2012 4:05PM
@geffers7 - well look on the bright side, we did make the top 100 Wink
Tooth 9 5.8k 227 Ireland
27 Mar 2012 4:18PM

Quote:I just think that it's pretty sad that such a thing has to be displayed.

I quite agree (and my CT hat is still firmly on my head)..

I disagree with most kinds of rankings and anything that turns the getting of any kind of votes/awards/recognitions on here into a competition - because it will always lead to people finding ways of harvesting points/votes/whatever to push up their own scores.

It does show that it's only a very small part of the membership who give any amount of constructive critique, but I don't think turning it into a competition helps anything

Stephen
27 Mar 2012 4:27PM
It's going to be hard for anyone to harvest any points through this system as they all have to be approved first by the Critique Team. And at the end of the day, a good critique is a good critique and im sure the Critique Team will honour those who provide good critique.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
27 Mar 2012 4:32PM

Quote:as they all have to be approved first by the Critique Team

Do they approve their own comments as it appears some of those at the top of the list are or have been Critique team members ?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.