Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Critique rankings . . . ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

darranl
darranl  5318 forum posts England
27 Mar 2012 - 4:35 PM

Quote: Do they approve their own comments as it appears some of those at the top of the list are or have been Critique team members ?

A British government style EPZ scandal - critique points for critique team members Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Mar 2012 - 4:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53672 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 4:42 PM

I'm dead chuffed at 49th - i spent a while thinking it was pointless as image posters never bothered to mark my comments as constructive - but then they may have been frequently right Wink

But then recently noticed that as critique is reviewed by epz you do get points - what's selfishly nice for me is that if you understand what can be improved in others photo's there is at least some chance in not making the same mistakes in your own photo's. And if this helps someone else then its a bonus.

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 4:46 PM

NO No No Critique team members do not approve their own comments - they will approve the comments of another member of the team if someone else has nominated it for a constructive critique point a (and if they consider it worthy of it). They have a lot of points because they are on the Critique Team and spend a lot of their own time in the Critique Gallery and give a lot of constructive critiques

It's worth pointing out that if you extended the list beyond those on the page, there are several non-CT members who also give selflessly to the gallery and have amassed much more points than some of us in the Critique Team - and a public hats off to them. It shows though that the one and only reason someone has a lot of critique points is becasue they have given a lot of good critiques

I think JJ's point above is the reason why I think turning it into a ranking is a bad idea - it leads to either people trying to work the system to get a good score (as David says very difficult to do )..

or..

to other people jumping to their own, often erroneous, conclusions, or at least harbouring their suspicions

Last Modified By Tooth at 27 Mar 2012 - 8:50 PM
Brian_Scott
Brian_Scott e2 Member 542 forum postsBrian_Scott vcard United Kingdom27 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 4:51 PM

Quote: 68th I am......hehehe....

It says im 68th aswell so move over Cole Smile

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
27 Mar 2012 - 6:10 PM

On the wonderful all new and all extremely useful Critique Rankings page, I am puzzled to see:

This Weeks

Why this weeks?

Last Modified By JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY at 27 Mar 2012 - 6:11 PM
Jestertheclown
27 Mar 2012 - 6:16 PM

Why any of it?

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014171 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 6:22 PM

why not?

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 6:32 PM

Cheer up you miserable lot.
There are lots of things in this world that are sadder than this.
No likey, no lighty! Tongue

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
27 Mar 2012 - 6:32 PM

This = singular weeks = plural

How can you get this weeks?

Jestertheclown
27 Mar 2012 - 6:36 PM

Quote: why not?

I just think it's all very childish Chris.
I use the CG in the hope that I might learn something and perhaps help others to do the same. I don't need to see my name on a list of the greatest contributors.
Despite what Pete said to me earlier, that, to my mind, is going to be a huge ego trip for some people and as such it belittles the whole ethos of the CG.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 27 Mar 2012 - 6:37 PM
Jestertheclown
27 Mar 2012 - 6:39 PM

Whoops!

I've just pressed the wrong button and turned my own above post into a 'helpful post.'

I didn't think that you were supposed to be able to do that.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014171 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 6:46 PM

Quote: Despite what Pete said to me earlier, that, to my mind, is going to be a huge ego trip for some people and as such it belittles the whole ethos of the CG.

If the end result is loads more good critiques, where is the harm? even if people do it as an ego trip then the CG user still benefits.
People said a similar thing about the little CG medals..in practice they hardly seem to have made much difference to anything.

lobsterboy
27 Mar 2012 - 6:47 PM

Quote: Whoops!

I've just pressed the wrong button and turned my own above post into a 'helpful post.'

I didn't think that you were supposed to be able to do that.

don't sound right to me, maybe you have special dispensation for just being a helpful chap Smile

devlin
devlin  4651 forum posts India39 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 7:07 PM

well...it definitely tells us we need more people participating Smile, looks to be an interesting statistical exercise

Last Modified By devlin at 27 Mar 2012 - 7:07 PM
answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012609 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 7:10 PM

Quote: don't sound right to me

Been like that for a while, makes no sense to me either, and you can 'like' your own comments too!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.