Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Critique rankings . . . ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014135 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 7:17 PM

Quote: and you can 'like' your own comments too!

Well of course you can like your own comments.. if you didn't like a comment you wouldn't make it in the first place!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Mar 2012 - 7:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012603 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 7:18 PM

lol Grin

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 8:35 PM

When first viewing the rankings I was showing in two places. On refreshing the page this corrected itself. Very strange.

Not sure that I see the point (no pun intended) but if it encourages some people to make constructive comments it may be good in the long run.

Personally I rarely bother these days for various reasons which have been discussed many times before and this won't change that decision.

Eviscera
Eviscera e2 Member 81103 forum postsEviscera vcard United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 8:50 PM

Thats a bit selfish Cheryl ?

Not sure your reasons for not bothering.

Someone of your calibre/genre would be a breath of fresh air in the crit gallery every now and then !

And Ade should get his lardy in there a bit more as well Smile

banehawi
banehawi Critique Team 10865 forum postsbanehawi vcard Canada2860 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 10:32 PM

I support Bren, the man with the hat. I dont like the idea; I dont like the name, which suggests theres a race, and its always possible to see points anyway by hovering over the badge beside a members name.

Theres a whole lot of great feedback and advice going on that doesnt always accrue a point, so this can tend to be discouraging for some.

Willie

Last Modified By banehawi at 27 Mar 2012 - 10:32 PM
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014805 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 10:34 PM

......remember folks, LENGTH IS NOT IMPORTANT Wink

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 10:48 PM

I don't even know where you find this info to see what you rank any way lol...

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012603 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2012 - 10:49 PM

Here .. on right of screen.

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2012 - 8:52 AM

ahh i see lol i am 87th Smile lots to criticise to get close to banehawi GrinGrin

banehawi
banehawi Critique Team 10865 forum postsbanehawi vcard Canada2860 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2012 - 3:04 PM

Critique Ian, critique, - not criticise!

W

banehawi
28 Mar 2012 - 3:05 PM

Quote: ......remember folks, LENGTH IS NOT IMPORTANT Wink

It depends.......

W

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014805 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2012 - 10:16 PM

does it?

Wink

strokebloke
1 Apr 2012 - 2:56 PM

Quote: does it?

Oh, believe me it does Ade
Length is only unimportant to those who have it. (like money) GrinGrinGrinGrin

pablophotographer

As banehawi says good critique is given elsewhere as well, not just on the critique gallery. If it does not get noticed, is because the recipient or the other viewers don't use the "nominate as constructive critique" button. Some people don't feel like saying "thank you". I don't think is it in our hands to change them. Some other people continue, despite the advice, making the same mistakes, we have to accept, again, that some people learn slowly. Some are both ignorant and arrogant. We have to be forgiving, simple.

NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61587 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
23 Feb 2013 - 8:27 PM

no we cannot approve our own points and we do not know who does approve them.
Phil

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.