Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Critique wanted - Versus - Votes wanted...

NEWMANP e2
6 1.6k 574 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2013 3:13PM
definately not rubbish, check with Andy at rps Nick, the failure rate on dpi is higher than prints at all levels.

sequecing is considered, jumps in colour tone from image to image, calibration errors, oversharpening. subject size relative to image size (eg birds being too big in frame looking oversize) a different set of complications come in to play. if you are entering salons, you will know how things vary and how what prints and what projects well are two different things

they actually say this at advisery days.

Phil

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nick_Hilton 9 514 2 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2013 3:42PM
Sorry let me expand, yes Newmap I do agree with you in some respects. Some photographers believe that digital is the easy opition and entering projected files is a subsitute for entering poor quality work.
The case should be the image should be of sufficient quality and interest to be accepted regardless of being in print or digital format
mikehit e2
5 6.8k 11 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2013 3:53PM

Quote:Definately not rubbish, check with Andy at rps Nick, the failure rate on dpi is higher than prints at all levels.

sequecing is considered, jumps in colour tone from image to image, calibration errors, oversharpening. subject size relative to image size (eg birds being too big in frame looking oversize) a different set of complications come in to play. if you are entering salons, you will know how things vary and how what prints and what projects well are two different things

they actually say this at advisery days.

Phil

I had a discussion with one wildlife photographer (not famous) who has entered international competitions and he was explaining that one of the biggest reasons for otherwise good images being thrown out without so much as a by your leave is things like colour accuracy and shades balance on projected images. In theory, this should not happen if both screens and the projector are well calibrated but it does.
Given that you never know how it is gong ot look on another screen (computer or projector), I would say you have more control over prints in that at least you know what it looks like.
NEWMANP e2
6 1.6k 574 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2013 4:00PM
anyway, its not real photography unless its a well presented print is it GrinWink
Phil

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.