Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

Crop factor

Peter23 6 23 2
19 Jul 2011 9:03PM
I had a thought, people go on about how with dx frame camera your lenses technically get closer in because of the crop factor BUT is it not the same thing for me to zoom in on a full frame to that length and then crop it after if I really wished??

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 11 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
19 Jul 2011 9:10PM
This was covered today here

It would depend on how many pixels you were left with after cropping.
AlanPerkins 9 492 England
19 Jul 2011 9:48PM

Quote:I had a thought, people go on about how with dx frame camera your lenses technically get closer in because of the crop factor BUT is it not the same thing for me to zoom in on a full frame to that length and then crop it after if I really wished??

Yes
keithh Plus
11 23.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
19 Jul 2011 10:02PM
No.....
19 Jul 2011 10:24PM
Maybe?
19 Jul 2011 10:29PM
All irrelevant. The only people it matters to are those who sell lenses. I've never understood this, it's the photo equivalent of reading " this is the DOS equivalent". Who gives a fu"baissez-moi" about DOS, or about lens comparisons? Get a lens, stick it on yer camera, find out what it does. End of.
annettep38 Plus
3 191 33 France
19 Jul 2011 10:58PM

Quote:" this is the DOS equivalent". Who gives a fu"baissez-moi" about DOS, .... End of.

sorry I'm completely lost. I do fully remember DOS as before Windoze but what is the context here AND what do you mean exactly by "lower me"?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.