Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Crumpler Cup Cake 5500 - Quart into a Pint Pot :-)

JackAllTog Plus
6 4.1k 58 United Kingdom
22 Oct 2012 1:31PM
For ages I've been looking for a tardis like bag that is small and holds enough bits for a bit of a variety of shoots.

Well I think I may have found it - the Crumpler Cup Cake 5500 could be my new best friend.

I was reading this epZ article http://www.ephotozine.com/article/crumpler---camera-bags-with-a-difference--20487 and thought i'd better see if crumpler were worth a look - i'd always avoided them as too fashionable before.

I like to carry my 60D with a 24-105mm attached, i also had on me today a sigma 10-20mm and a flashgun; Also spare camera and flash batteries etc.
I'd made/modified myself a bag before as i could not find a suitable smartish one to go to events with.
wp-000210.jpg

So the new one on the left sucked all my kit straight into it, its smaller and more secure and seems to still have room for the nifty 50 i had to leave at home.

Yet apart from the massively padded removable shoulder strap cushion it seems quite perfect. I'll let you know later if you wish as i'm off to an event with it tonight - personally I like the neon green inside.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mdpontin Plus
11 6.0k Scotland
22 Oct 2012 1:35PM
Very interesting, Stuart. Smile Thanks for posting. I'm looking for a small, light back to carry my Olympus OM-D kit with space for a few non-photography extras (such as a bottle of water, some sandwiches maybe, etc.) Like you, I've tended to shy away from Crumpler, thinking they were more about a "look" than practicality. I'll take a look now and see what I can find.
Big Bri 14 15.9k United Kingdom
22 Oct 2012 1:53PM
This one is better. Holds all sorts...

427873-10151131000858124-1781680050-n.jpg

mdpontin Plus
11 6.0k Scotland
22 Oct 2012 1:54PM
LOL Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.