Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

CS2 - Research & Extras - "Goodies"

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    IanFlindt
    IanFlindt e2 Member 9739 forum postsIanFlindt vcard United Kingdom21 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2007 - 10:16 PM

I've just taken out a second mortgage and bought CS2. The manual describes a Resources and Extras CD that contains "goodies". I couldn't track down this Resources and Extras CD and therefore can't find the "goodies". Can anyone advise how I can find Resources and Extras eg is it a folder located in some obscure place) and are the "goodies" worth it? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Jan 2007 - 10:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Boyd
    Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2007 - 10:19 PM

Put the CD in your drive, right click and choose Explore - you'll find it.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    IanFlindt
    IanFlindt e2 Member 9739 forum postsIanFlindt vcard United Kingdom21 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2007 - 10:21 PM

Thanks, Boyd - appreciate that. Why would Adobe want to make them so elusive? Rascals.

last ten
    last ten  9416 forum posts Isle Of Man
    29 Jan 2007 - 10:27 PM

Why would they want to make CS2 so bleedin expensive in the first place?

Doclassie
    Doclassie  91135 forum posts England
    29 Jan 2007 - 10:34 PM

Becasue its aimed at studios and proffesionals who make loads of money using it. :O)

keithh
    keithh  1022557 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2007 - 10:35 PM

Because it's a professional image editing and graphics suite with a limited sales figure in real world terms - hence the release of the Elements series.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2007 - 11:50 PM

A lot of the features of the "full" versions of Photoshop, i.e. over and above Elements are aimed at graphics designers and the like rather than photographers.

For the great majority of togs, Elements (with a few plug-ins) is more than adequate.

aftertherain
    30 Jan 2007 - 8:47 AM

Quote: Because it's a professional image editing and graphics suite

And therefore a tax deductible Smile

IanFlindt
    30 Jan 2007 - 9:49 PM

A word of caution for anyone wanting to access the "goodies" available on the CS2 disc.

Be careful about transferring the filters across to your plug-in folder. The action crashed my system, and all sorts of apocalpytic messages ("serious error has occurred" etc) appeared on the screen.

I then attempted to restart CS2 this evening and was told an error had occurred, the blame for which - with a little googling - I tracked down to one of the filters ("ffactory") I had attempted to transfer across from the "goodies" pack.

I deleted that particular filter and tried repairing CS2, but without success. CS2 still wouldn't load, and Windows XP kept crashing.

In the end I uninstalled and reinstalled CS2. Fingers crossed, that seems to have sorted it.

Eric_Hendershot

Thanks for the warning, Ian. I didnít know there were extra goodies, but after hearing what you went through,I wouldnít dare try to install them. Right now CS2 is working just fine, so Iím not changing a thing.

I hear you on the second mortgage, but I found it to be money well spent, as CS2 is a great program.

I hope all is going well with your new computer.

Eric

Little Jo
    Little Jo e2 Member 122272 forum postsLittle Jo vcard United Kingdom
    3 Feb 2007 - 5:14 PM

At least once you've bought Photoshop, the updates to later versions are much more affordable.

I'm looking forward to CS3.

Jo

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.