Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

CS2 - Research & Extras - "Goodies"

IanFlindt e2
10 739 21 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2007 10:16PM
I've just taken out a second mortgage and bought CS2. The manual describes a Resources and Extras CD that contains "goodies". I couldn't track down this Resources and Extras CD and therefore can't find the "goodies". Can anyone advise how I can find Resources and Extras eg is it a folder located in some obscure place) and are the "goodies" worth it? Thanks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
29 Jan 2007 10:19PM
Put the CD in your drive, right click and choose Explore - you'll find it.
IanFlindt e2
10 739 21 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2007 10:21PM
Thanks, Boyd - appreciate that. Why would Adobe want to make them so elusive? Rascals.
last ten 10 416 Isle of Man
29 Jan 2007 10:27PM
Why would they want to make CS2 so bleedin expensive in the first place?
Doclassie e2
9 1.1k England
29 Jan 2007 10:34PM
Becasue its aimed at studios and proffesionals who make loads of money using it. :O)
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
29 Jan 2007 10:35PM
Because it's a professional image editing and graphics suite with a limited sales figure in real world terms - hence the release of the Elements series.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
29 Jan 2007 11:50PM
A lot of the features of the "full" versions of Photoshop, i.e. over and above Elements are aimed at graphics designers and the like rather than photographers.

For the great majority of togs, Elements (with a few plug-ins) is more than adequate.

Quote:Because it's a professional image editing and graphics suite

And therefore a tax deductible Smile
IanFlindt e2
10 739 21 United Kingdom
30 Jan 2007 9:49PM
A word of caution for anyone wanting to access the "goodies" available on the CS2 disc.

Be careful about transferring the filters across to your plug-in folder. The action crashed my system, and all sorts of apocalpytic messages ("serious error has occurred" etc) appeared on the screen.

I then attempted to restart CS2 this evening and was told an error had occurred, the blame for which - with a little googling - I tracked down to one of the filters ("ffactory") I had attempted to transfer across from the "goodies" pack.

I deleted that particular filter and tried repairing CS2, but without success. CS2 still wouldn't load, and Windows XP kept crashing.

In the end I uninstalled and reinstalled CS2. Fingers crossed, that seems to have sorted it.
Thanks for the warning, Ian. I didnít know there were extra goodies, but after hearing what you went through,I wouldnít dare try to install them. Right now CS2 is working just fine, so Iím not changing a thing.

I hear you on the second mortgage, but I found it to be money well spent, as CS2 is a great program.

I hope all is going well with your new computer.

Eric
Little Jo e2
13 2.3k United Kingdom
3 Feb 2007 5:14PM
At least once you've bought Photoshop, the updates to later versions are much more affordable.

I'm looking forward to CS3.

Jo

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.