Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

CS3 Books

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    da_nige
    da_nige  101153 forum posts Scotland
    6 Aug 2007 - 10:05 PM

Good evening folks.

I am in the process of buying CS3 extended. As I am a student I get it for 135. The downside is there is no manual in the box. Does anyone have any recommendations as to a suitable book to go with it?

Thanks

Neil

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Aug 2007 - 10:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Little Jo
    Little Jo e2 Member 122272 forum postsLittle Jo vcard United Kingdom
    6 Aug 2007 - 10:18 PM

Martin Evening's books on Photohop are some of the best around. Ben Willmore's book CS3 Studio Techniques is due out next month, I don't know to what extent he'll cover the extended version. He does explain things very well, I had the pleasure of meeting the man at a seminar in London and he was superb.

International membership to NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals) has come down in price. You won't get hard copies of Photoshop User magazine, but will get a downloadable version. You'd still have access to lots of tutorials and a useful forum.

Jo

User_Removed
    6 Aug 2007 - 10:47 PM

Try these for starters...

Why 'Extended'. It has no use for a stills photographer.

Smile

Last Modified By User_Removed at 6 Aug 2007 - 10:48 PM
    GPTek
    GPTek e2 Member 7425 forum postsGPTek vcard England1 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Aug 2007 - 10:54 PM

I use the CS2 version, and see that Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby is now available from Amazon UK for 18.59 which is a good saving.
    Scott Kelby has written many books on Photoshop and is the Editor for Photoshop User Magazine.

HTH Geoff

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1215507 forum posts England
    6 Aug 2007 - 10:55 PM

Here we go - another link to Google.

I think Neil was asking for RECOMMENDATIONS, not just a list from a search engine...

FWIW, I'm reading Photoshop CS3 for Dummies, which is a lot more technical than it sounds, is written by an expert and in my opinion is worth every penny.

Last Modified By Big Bri at 6 Aug 2007 - 10:56 PM
    Big Bri
    Big Bri  1215507 forum posts England
    6 Aug 2007 - 10:57 PM

Mike - you can only get the student version in 'Extended', not the standard version.

da_nige
    6 Aug 2007 - 11:37 PM

Yup as Bri has said I was specifically looking for recommendations as I was looking through amazon as thats where I'm getting CS3 from and there were just so many. I've heard good things about Scott Kelby but his CS3 book isn't available yet. Also as Bri said I'm getting extended as its all you can get as a student.

Incidentally I was going to buy from the adobe store but between wanting CS3(before my summer job) and being able to afford it (ie now) the price has gone from 135 to 205 but its still 137 at amazon

Thanks folks

Neil

User_Removed
    7 Aug 2007 - 7:43 AM

Quote: you can only get the student version in 'Extended

Fairy Snuff. The extended version covers video and other 'multi-media' needs so it makes sense for it to be the 'Student' version. I'll pass that on to a friend of mine... Ta!

Hoffy
    Hoffy e2 Member 9212 forum postsHoffy vcard England16 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Aug 2007 - 9:29 AM

http://www.photoshopuser.com/cs3/index.html

Have you tried these training vids for starters.

bill777
    bill777 e2 Member 11156 forum postsbill777 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Aug 2007 - 9:33 AM

If it's any help, Amazon dispatched my copy of the Scott Kelby book yesterday so I guess they now have them in stock, unless they've run out already.

Bil

paulcr
    paulcr e2 Member 91536 forum postspaulcr vcard Ireland9 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Aug 2007 - 3:41 PM

If your upgrading from CS2 This set of video tutorials explain the differences between CS2 and CS3. Paul

da_nige
    7 Aug 2007 - 11:37 PM

Thanks guys. I'm upgrading from elements 3. Bill when I was on amazon last night it said 4 - 6 weeks for delivery. Odd

Take-a-View
    7 Aug 2007 - 11:54 PM

Same here about 3/4 weeks delivery when I checked

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.