Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

CS3 Photo Downloader

7 Jun 2007 6:43PM
I have just upgraded from CS to CS3 and find that the Bridge has a Photo Downloader. Previously I have been using the Canon EOS Utility to download from my 20D in to a folder. By using the Adobe Downloader, I could do all my processing via the CS3 Bridge. However, when I tried it, the Downloader recognises my camera but cannot see the Raw files. The bridge and CS3 can process my raw files once they are downloaded. I tried taking a couple of JPEGs and the Downoader can see those. Have I done something wrong or is this a CS3 bug?

Dave

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
7 Jun 2007 6:49PM
I take it that you are connecting the camera directly to the PC when downloading?
I always use a card reader and the downloader sees and displays all of the RAW images on the card with no problems. Have you tried it with a card reader?
Little Jo e2
13 2.3k United Kingdom
7 Jun 2007 7:02PM
Dave

If I remember rightly, if you are using the WIA function of the 20D, it only works with JPEG, not with RAW. As Boyd says, use a memory card reader. That's quicker and easier.

Jo
8 Jun 2007 2:22PM
Jo, you may be right that it is something to do with the way the Photo Downconverter interfaces with the Camera. I cannot agree that it is quicker and easier for me to use a card reader. Firstly, I do not have a spare USB2 socket or a USB2 card reader. Whereas I have been connecting my Camera directly to my PC for years. Downloading is at USB 2 speed and there is no need to remove the card. I also use the same connection for my Epson P2000. If I am not able to use the Photo Downloader, I will continue using the EOS Viewer. Thanks for your suggestions.

Dave

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.