Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

CS4 - can't open my 5D mk 11 raw files

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
brianquinn
8 Nov 2009 - 2:21 PM

Quote: Had the same problem with the 5.5 upgrade when I was using Vista, changed over to Windows 7 this week and just run the update now after reading this thread. Installed first time!!!

May just be a coincidence but I sure am glad to get rid of Vista.

It's 7 I'm using, I seem to be getting as many, if not more "not responding" situations with CS3 and messenger.
It was a clean install, not an upgrade.

Quote:
EDIT: If that fails for some reason, Have a go at using the version 5.4 update, It is 5D Mk2 compatible as well, You'll find it on the same link page above,,,!

IT'S WORKING!!!!!
I've installed 5.4 and it seems to be working fine.
I'm taking the machine back to the shop tomorrow to get them to have a look regarding the fact that it keeps going into " not responding".
I'm hoping it's a driver issue (according to the shop)
Many, many thanks to all (especially Vince) for your help.
B

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Nov 2009 - 2:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2009 - 5:14 PM

Quote: going into " not responding".

Before you do that check the power settings...!

By default Windows 7 is a real green OS, So the default setting are usually optimal and have a short time before the OS shuts down the hard drives, The screen, and a few other items.

Easy option is to set it up for " Performance " this gets rid of the silly ones, But you need to delve into the options a bit deeper, To turn all the daft " Sleep " & Power save options off.....Smile

The default setting might be great for a laptop.....But they are pretty stupid for a desktop......Nice one Microsoft.....Wink

brianquinn
8 Nov 2009 - 10:15 PM

It is my laptop, Vince.

I've not had a problem since I have sucessfully installed CS4, so I'll keep plugging away.
Hope it was just a CS3 glitch.
All good so far....
B

brianquinn
10 Nov 2009 - 11:55 PM

Quote: Brian it could be the bridge icon on the toolbar it needs you to close down see next to the clock and volume icons. i have had that before with both yahoo and messanger when i thought they were closed it is the icon on the bottomright of the toolbar

Correct.
All going well now.
Thanks again to all.
B

Dave_Canon
11 Nov 2009 - 3:02 PM

Quote: I've been trying to install the 5.5 upgrade and it keeps stalling and asking me to shut down CS4 and bridge and then try again.
I've done this, but the same message keeps coming up - shut down cs4, etc...
Any ideas?

I also find this annoying in that you run CS4 then Help>updates but then it cannot install because CS4 is open. After initiating the download of the update I close down everything to do with Adobe and the update installs OK. There could be a limitation with the trial version but I doubt that.

Dave

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.