Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

CS4 and Photomerge

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Dave_Canon
    6 Aug 2009 - 9:33 AM

From time to time I use Photomerge and found that the CS3 Photomerge does a pretty good job. I have now upgraded to CS4 (though still have CS3 running as well). Several recent attempts to photomerge with CS4 results in CS4 eventually presenting the apparant merged output but the images are not blended despite the box being ticked. Using CS3 for the same images works fine. Has anyone else had problems with CS4 photomerge which did not exist in CS3? Can anyone help?

At this point, I am not looking for an alternative to PS (I know there are many) but just want to find a fix for CS4.

Dave

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Aug 2009 - 9:33 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108575 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Aug 2009 - 10:57 AM

Have a look at " Adobes " update pages, I'm fairly sure there has been at least one fairly important update for the Win version of CS4, It may be that the update has fixed this issue....Smile

Heres a link straight to it.

How kind am I....Wink

Last Modified By cameracat at 6 Aug 2009 - 10:59 AM
    User_Removed
    6 Aug 2009 - 12:17 PM

Photomerge in CS4 is very good and I now use it instead of Realviz Stitcher. I have also noted that the auto blend fails to work when ticked but it is simple enough to just select it manually after stitching. If the latest update does not work than just create an action that does both operations.

Dave_Canon
    6 Aug 2009 - 4:12 PM

Thanks for the advice. I have just checked and I do have the latest update. I had not thought about blending manually after stiching so will try that. Of course, as I can still use CS3, I am not stuck but I feel that CS4 should work properly. I have not found any other issues with CS4 yet.

Dave

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.