Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Culinary Advice sought.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

polis_928tadw59

My beloved wife is still away visiting relatives/friends, and I am getting a bit lost as what to cook for myself. Has one got to have chips and and super noodles with every meal ? Obviously I am not referring to breakfast when I have cornflakes, etc., although in the past I have enjoyed a nice curry porridge.Tongue Are there other ways of cooking potatoes ? I have been frequenting the local fish and chip shop, for umpteen times this week, but they have barred me, for after placing my order, I put a carrier bag on the counter and asked them to fill it with scramshuns(batter scraps in English).
I do not want salad/slimming/calorie counter meals, thank you.
All suggestions might be tried.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Mar 2011 - 7:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84254 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 7:28 PM

Mmmm. Difficult.....................now salad is very good for you. Have you tried a ploughman's down the pub? Wink

strawman
strawman  1022002 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 7:38 PM

OK get some skinned chicken breasts, cut them open and spread the inside with cream cheese (with or without garlic or pesto to taste) and wrap in parma ham, then bake in oven. To add a bit more zest cut a lemon into quarters, gently squeeze some over the chicken and cook the rest of the lemon with the chickens. Also bake some fat chips at the same time in the oven (thick cut new potatoes with skins coated in olive oil and a pepper and salt seasoning). And to add to it cook some cherry tomatoes drizzled in a bit of olive oil and garlic at the same time.

At 240 deg C Oven try 15 min for chips only, then drop to 190 and add chicken for 20 min then add tomatoes for last 10. Invite a merry widow over to share and your domestic needs could be solved till wife returns its that good Wink

I could tell you more but I would have to kill you afterwards.

Last Modified By strawman at 11 Mar 2011 - 7:40 PM
roxpix
roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 7:41 PM

pizza

roxpix
11 Mar 2011 - 7:42 PM

kraft cheesy pasta with smoked sausage

roxpix
11 Mar 2011 - 7:42 PM

banana & strawberry jam toastie

roxpix
11 Mar 2011 - 7:43 PM

sugar sandwich

strawman
11 Mar 2011 - 7:43 PM

Quote: Kraft cheesy pasta with smoked sausage

philistine Tongue go for the chicken baked flavour sensation Smile

Last Modified By strawman at 11 Mar 2011 - 7:44 PM
strawman
11 Mar 2011 - 7:44 PM

DCM ...............

condensed milk sandwich

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84254 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 7:44 PM

Quote: banana & strawberry jam toastie

Yum! Though you've got to be careful not to burn your lip on the jam..................try chocolate spread instead of jam!! Smile

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122198 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 7:46 PM

Ketchup sandwich

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122198 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 7:46 PM

Ketchup sandwich with Worcestershire sauce

polis_928tadw59

KarenFB, and also strawman,
Yes, I like salad with loads of chips, so that is out. (The wife is living on salads, she is a size 8-10, and she looks great.) strawman, you should not be on ephotozine, it looks like you belong to Ready, Steady, Cook.Wink It is funny that over the years, as I get a BIT older I cannot digest chicken as I used to. If we have it Sunday, roasted, then I have to have home made stuffing with plenty of onion gravy. Then there is no digestive problems. Oh, yes, and Karen, go to the pub, - What at those prices for a pint ? I'd sooner stop in, have a couple of cheap cans of beer, then beans on toast; and at 3 am get up out of bed and sing "Blow The Wind Southerly"Tongue.

strawman
11 Mar 2011 - 7:47 PM

I still think my original offering was best as it involved the entrapment of a woman to save him from his culinary hell Tongue

roxpix
11 Mar 2011 - 7:50 PM

dessert idea.....choc digestive with butter spread on & a slice of cheese (or forget cheese and just dunk the butter choc digestive into the sugar bowl

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.