Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Customised straps

Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
9 Oct 2012 1:26PM
. . . I wouldn't even consider using one of those.

Your camera wouldn't last two minutes on the London Underground

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Oct 2012 5:01PM
I guess these are all crap and useless then Smile

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=camera+battery+grip+strap&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=UbI&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=bUZ0UOLIKPS20QX4yoCQDg&ved=0CHsQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=938

Quote:If worried about buckle popping open

The cameras held by the grip, not the strap, the strap is just there to stop the camera hitting the deck if it slips or is knocked from the hand.

Just thought I`d show you all a simple bit of recycling, and it takes only seconds to detach and re-attach the neck strap.

p1010009.jpg

I find these very handy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004N623WK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A3GI79VBNSVFZI
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2012 5:08PM

Quote:Like this, Seen one used but my consern would be that it gets jolted alot when moving around, that is not based on experience tho and it can be removed without you knowing. the black rapid still has the strap round you and cam be used comfortably

No not that one. The one he had was just a strap that looped on a belt with a Tripod Bolt on the other end.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Oct 2012 5:10PM

Quote:No not that one. The one he had was just a strap that looped on a belt with a Tripod Bolt on the other end

I couldn`t use one of those, it would drive me nuts
9 Oct 2012 5:23PM

Quote:I guess these are all crap and useless then Smile

I was referring specifically to the 'Spider holster.'
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Oct 2012 5:31PM
Yeh just realised.

Quote:it's very basic but you can tighten it via a sliding plastic collar, around your wrist. It won't break or come undone and you can hold the camera in just about any orientation.
Yours would be a lot more comfortable though

Its basically what I`ve put together, but using a heaver duty dslr should strap that I am unlikely to ever use again Smile
9 Oct 2012 6:04PM
It's a good idea Paul and if there was such a thing on the market, I'd probably find a use for one on occasions.
At the moment, I carry my camera by my right hand side, upside down using a 'strap buddy' screwed into the tripod hole. It's secure enough to prevent a thief from unscrewing it without my knowing and the camera's easily picked up if I want to use it.
CDSINUK e2
2 223 England
9 Oct 2012 7:19PM
i saw a karl taylor video on improvising DSLR wet weather covers, for any dog lovers i have the perfect solution for a wet weather cover, involves those ten rawhide chew bones you get from pets at home, the thick plastic cover makes a great all weather cover and is totally transparent, hard wearing and strechable, you can cut a hole just a bit smaller than the lens you are using and it fits brilliantly, nothing to do with straps though, but it popped in there after reading the comments above,
blue peter badge for Paul BTW well done Smile i'd show you a photo of it on but i only have the one camera Smile
CDSINUK e2
2 223 England
9 Oct 2012 7:53PM

Quote:I'd say that strap is a handy piece of improvisation. Must admit that somebody's got to invent an improved neck strap. Even a good neoprene one hurts after a while.

have you seen the harnesses you put it on like a ruck sack camera hangs from the front, , no neck pain, Smile anyone tried them ?
10 Oct 2012 8:01AM

Quote:I'd say that strap is a handy piece of improvisation. Must admit that somebody's got to invent an improved neck strap. Even a good neoprene one hurts after a while.

have you seen the harnesses you put it on like a ruck sack camera hangs from the front, , no neck pain, Smile anyone tried them ?

Can be found in any good BDSM magazine. Wink
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
10 Oct 2012 10:43AM

Quote:...no neck pain....

Quote:Can be found in any good BDSM magazine

Surely the idea of BDSM is to cause pain?? Wink or have i got it wrong?
10 Oct 2012 11:09AM
Sorry I have no expertise in that area. I'll have to rely on your experience Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.