Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

D200 Viewfinder on Laptop!

24 Sep 2007 4:21PM
Hello all,

sorry if the title makes no sense!

Is there anyway that I can plug my D200 into my laptop and view what I see through the viewfinder in realtime on my laptop. Is there software available that allows me to do this. I seem to remember it being done in a studio I visited once.

Before someone suggests it, I'm not really after one of those zigiview things.

Awaiting your replies.

Thank you.

Marc

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
24 Sep 2007 4:40PM
Nikon Capture Control... Wink
24 Sep 2007 4:51PM
Mike, thanks for that, is that the same as Capture 4, NX etc. I googled Nikon Capture Control and couldnt find any exact references
24 Sep 2007 5:09PM
It's my understanding that you need to source a copy of Capture v4 - the version before 'NX' Marc. See the last item under 'Main Features' in the link.

I have tried it but don't use it myself. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable that I will pitch in here and clarify things for you...
24 Sep 2007 5:22PM
As the D200 has an optical viewfinder I would be very surprised if this were possible

The sensor only becomes live and able to produce an electronic file when the shutter is open and the viewfinder closed.

The version of Capture 4 linked will allow you to "control" the camera, ie fire the shutter etc but not see what the camera sees

DTL
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
24 Sep 2007 5:26PM
To my knowledge you would have to wait till the new D300 comes out to do this with a Nikon, but as Mike suggests it is posible to have the camera connected to a lap top and view the pictures just after it has taken them.
24 Sep 2007 5:27PM
Good point Dave. Like I say, I don't use it... Smile
miptog e2
9 3.5k 61 United Kingdom
24 Sep 2007 5:36PM
It seems we are getting closer to a professional form of live-view in dSLR's Smile

Mike

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.