Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

d3 sotware updates

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    clevercloggs
    16 Sep 2011 - 7:04 AM

For some time now I have been wondering whether I should try and update the body software assuming nikon issued some.
    Neve did it as with me these kind of things always result in problems meaning that I have less of a camera afterwards than before the update.

Is there a need for it and if so where could I find some reviews and user experience stories?

robert

Last Modified By clevercloggs at 16 Sep 2011 - 7:06 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Sep 2011 - 7:04 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62481 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    16 Sep 2011 - 8:06 AM

Nikon has a huge data base for UK customers.
    There is a 2011 update available. The link below explains what it does, how to download it etc.

https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/list#s=eyJzZiI6eyIxNTEwNDUiOnsiZ...

Last Modified By LenShepherd at 16 Sep 2011 - 8:06 AM
    cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Sep 2011 - 10:53 AM

Quote: Is there a need for it

The bottom line.....!!!

It costs time and money to produce updates for anything, The very fact that companies go to the bother of spending that time & money, To produce " FREE " updates for their respective products, Should give you a clue.....Grin

ie: If they where not needed, These profit making companies would " NOT " spend the time/resources & more importantly " Money " to provide " Updates " of any kind, Especially when they are giving them away for " Nothing "......Wink

That said any or all updates for anything hard/software wise, Are an option, You are not forced to install them, However its a wise idea to " Read " what the update is addressing, If its aimed at a specific issue, One that you yourself have experienced, Then it might be a good idea to apply the update......Grin

Quote: always result in problems meaning that I have less of a camera afterwards than before the update.

All I can say is read the instructions and follow them to the letter, If your always having issues with updates, You must be doing something wrong.....!!!!!!

Speaking for Canon & Nikon, We have never had any problems with updates provided over the last 10 years......Wink

clevercloggs
    16 Sep 2011 - 12:21 PM

thank you for your comments.
    Had a quick look at the link. I am well impressed with the information available there relatd to the camera type and in general. stored it in my favourites.

robert

Last Modified By clevercloggs at 16 Sep 2011 - 12:31 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.