Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

D50 monitor not showing photos?

crazycolt1 3 31 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2013 1:09PM
Hi guys
Just got out my D50, and not sure what's going on. Firstly, couldn't get the lens to focus, kept hunting. Swapped it to my D90, works fine on that. Tried a different lens on the D50, takes the photo, but nothing showing up on monitor. Any ideas please? Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Trev_B e2
7 123 66 England
14 Sep 2013 4:30PM
Hi Wendy. I had a similar problem with my D700 not recognising one of my lenses after removing it with the camera powered up, which although not advisable should not have been a problem. The only way I found to get things right was to reset the camera back to it's default settings.

Hope this works for you.

Trev
crazycolt1 3 31 United Kingdom
26 Sep 2013 6:26PM
Hi Trev
Sorry it's taken so long to reply, have been moving house! Have tried checking most things on the D50, it's not the lens, that works fine on the D90, it's not the memory card, same as before, it's not the battery. So, it's got to be the camera. Anyone come across this before? The D50 will take a photo, but nothing shows up on the monitor, and nothing is being written to the memory card. Is it worth getting the camera checked out? Or will it cost more than the camera is worth?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.