Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

D5000

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Kool_Kat
    Kool_Kat e2 Member 8141 forum postsKool_Kat vcard United Kingdom
    30 Jun 2009 - 7:10 PM

Iam looking to upgrade from my D80 has any one checked out the D5000 would it be a good move
    Kath

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Jun 2009 - 7:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jun 2009 - 7:26 PM

On the face of it, The D5000 has some good upgrades compared to the D80.....!

First and most obvious is Mega Pixels, Although this alone would not be a big bonus, The big bonus comes in the " Sensor " its pretty much the same sensor as used in the D90 & D300....!

Its qualities are better high ISO to noise performance, In English thats cleaner images at higher ISO speeds.....Smile

Another seriously useful item is the swivel out LCD screen, In certain circumstances, I'd say this alone could sway you away from the D80 to the D5000......!

There are some other under the skin upgrades, But you'd need to do a side by side comparison of the spec sheets, To judge if they are something you'd need or might benefit from....!

Why not take a trip to a camera shop, Take with you a memory card, Persuade them to let you play with a D5000, Then have a look at the results when you get home.....Smile

At the end of the day, If the new bits & bobs are important to you, Then why not upgrade, That said you might want to consider a lens upgrade, A high quality lens can make a camera shine, And High quality lens keep thier value better than bodies.....Wink

Kool_Kat
    Kool_Kat e2 Member 8141 forum postsKool_Kat vcard United Kingdom
    1 Jul 2009 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for that
    Kath

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.