Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

D700 and SB700 Speedlight to work remotely

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    johnmac
    johnmac  391 forum posts
    3 Mar 2013 - 3:32 PM

Hi
    Iím trying to get my SB700 Speedlight to work remotely by using my spare SB-28DX with my D700. Can it be done? I can get it to work remotely with using the pop up flash on 700.
    Cheers

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Mar 2013 - 3:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

scottishphototours

According to page 309 of the D700 manual the SB700 isn't compatible with Commander flash mode.

johnmac
    johnmac  391 forum posts
    3 Mar 2013 - 6:50 PM

Many thanks for replying Scottishphototours. Tried reading the book and couldn't quite understand it, if I was to get another SB700 or above would it work? Or what you say it can only set off another speedlight via the popup flash.

scottishphototours

It will work with SB-800, 900 and 910 but not 700 according to the manual. This works perfectly with my units (800 and 900's) so it's definitely flash specific...

derrymaine
    10 Mar 2013 - 6:06 AM

I'm thinking of buying a radio slave for my SB700 to work remotely with my Nikon d3100. I'm thinking of getting a cheap one. Any ideas?

SteveHunter
    10 Mar 2013 - 9:18 AM

I have just got a set of 4 Yongnuo flash triggers, to run 3 flash guns, one of them a Yongnuo as well.

I got the RF-603, which means you have to set the power output of each flash manually, they cost me about £45.00 for 4, 2 would cost half the price. You need one mounted on the camera and one mounted on each of your flashes. ebay is your friend when buying these.

I'm very happy with mine, they seem to work well and haven't let me down yet.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.