Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

D700 Problem?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    johnmac
    johnmac  391 forum posts
    11 Nov 2012 - 7:34 PM

Hi all, on a couple of occasion when holding my D700 down by my side it has fired off about 3 to 4 shots without my finger on the shutter release. Has anyone had a similar problem with their D700? It is less than 12 months old and well in its guarantee, fortunately I purchased it from Jessop’s so it has a genuine Nikon guarantee.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Nov 2012 - 7:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sooty_1
    Sooty_1 Critique Team 41173 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Nov 2012 - 8:40 PM

Does it have a grip attached? If so, are you hitting the side shutter button by accident?

Otherwise, unless you are hitting the shutter some other way (elbow, jacket etc) I think you have a problem.

Nick

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Nov 2012 - 8:50 PM

Mine does not do anything like that, Been using it for over 3 years now, It has been faultless in all that time...!

I would definitely get it checked out by Nikon, Via Jessop's if you like, But whilst it is still in warranty, You would be wiser to go straight to Nikon ( Richmond ) as that's all Jessie's would do anyhow.

Obviously you will pay the outgoing postage, But Nikon are very good in my experience, Doubt you will be charged anything for the return costs.

Good luck with it, Generally this camera model is bullet proof....Wink

johnmac
    johnmac  391 forum posts
    11 Nov 2012 - 9:01 PM

Hi both thank you for your quick response. Yes it does have a battery grip and now you've mentioned it that could be what's happening. Its happened why I have it at arms reach down by my side. Thanks both, I'll check it out.

Cheers

User_Removed
    11 Nov 2012 - 9:10 PM

Your battery grip should have a lock on the shutter release button. Worth rotating to "L" when you are not actually shooting in portrait.

I had exactly that problem with a D300 with a Nikon grip attached and with a D3s with the integral grip. It gets even worse if you inadvertently leave the release mode on continuous!

johnmac
    johnmac  391 forum posts
    11 Nov 2012 - 9:19 PM

Brill thanks LeftForum, I'll put the "L" on. Looks like its human error (ME)

Thanks All

peterjones
    peterjones e2 Member 123842 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Nov 2012 - 7:36 AM

I have the same problem with my D3s; I leave the shutter button on the grip unlocked and the camera takes it's own images; I wish it would take some decent photographs. Grin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.