Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

d7000

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ginz04
    ginz04  10276 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Sep 2011 - 9:39 PM

Well -Ive read the reviews and ive read this form and so ive talked myself and wife into it - ive gone and bought the D7000 - I like the look and feel of it - Ive been reading the manual and looking at videos about it now I want to get out and use it - so im hoping the weather is going to be good enough. Its a new era the era of the D7000 - IM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

IAN

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Sep 2011 - 9:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ianrobinson
    ianrobinson e2 Member 41106 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Sep 2011 - 11:56 PM

good for you

RonnieAG
    RonnieAG e2 Member 4133 forum postsRonnieAG vcard Scotland110 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Sep 2011 - 3:22 AM

Good for you, Ian: I too have the D7000 and it goes everywhere with me. It is a delight to use and delivers images up to a superb standard in my opinion. I hope you have great fun with it......I am sure you will not be disappointed.
    Ronnie.

User_Removed
    4 Sep 2011 - 10:29 AM

Just a wee point, Ian.

What did you mean by your comment about weather?

Some of the most dramatic photographs are taken during "bad" weather. Don't fall in to the trap of thinking the sun has to be shining.

Good luck with your new camera. Enjoy it! (in all weathers)

ginz04
    4 Sep 2011 - 10:52 AM

HI GUYS - Thanks for your comments - I do have an issue with it thought - I have Adobe Elements 6 and it does not open these NEF Files - with the camera came Nikon S vIEW nx2 which does open files but i dont find it as user friendly as adobe - is there any plugin i can get for the Adobe Elements - otherwise Iam very happy with my new purchase and I will be taking it out in all weathers its just my other doesnt like going out in bad weather when im with camera.

Ian

A12PHOTO
    A12PHOTO  4 United Kingdom
    4 Sep 2011 - 1:22 PM

You need to update your Adobe Camera Raw to version 6.3. Just search for it on the net.
    Pete

ge22y
    ge22y  5115 forum posts Wales12 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Sep 2011 - 1:30 PM

Just bought a D7000 myself, I'm using CS4 and I couldn't update Adobe Camera Raw to the latest version to open the D7000 files. I doubt you'll be able to update Elements 6 either (Adobes way to make sure you upgrade to the latest edition). You either need to upgrade your elements to the latest edition or us a DNG converter. I'm currently using Adobe's DNG converter which is a free download from the Adobe site, it converts the D7000 files to DNG which you can then open in your Elements ACR. It's one extra step but cheaper than updating your software.

Gez

ChrisV
    ChrisV  7663 forum posts United Kingdom26 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Sep 2011 - 2:51 PM

I assume you're using a PC (as opposed to a Mac), if it's the latter RAW compatibility is built into/updated at system level - which would let you see RAW files in preview or edit them in iPhoto or Aperture (a Mac-only alternative to Lightroom). The latter can be bought on the Mac App store for something like 60. It's a great piece of kit for any photographer as it both catalogues your images and allows quite a lot of non-destructive editing and adjustment of RAW images.

I used to love Adobe as a company, but they seem to have become greedy and sloppy since the company founders retired from steering them.

strawman
    strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Sep 2011 - 5:48 PM

Sorry you will need to update to a newer version of Elements or get to know the Nikon sw or buy another RAW converter. Or as others say convert to the DNG format. I use Capture1 myself.

Last Modified By strawman at 4 Sep 2011 - 5:49 PM
    ginz04
    4 Sep 2011 - 6:24 PM

THANKS ALL

IAN

wildebassman
    7 Sep 2011 - 7:04 PM

Just upgraded from D90 to D7000 last friday, it's a nice camera enjoy! Wink

ginz04
    9 Sep 2011 - 10:35 PM

i am intending to my first outing is going to be tomorrow when i go to Manchester - i aim first to take a photo or three at picadilly station then onto centre of manchester for a few hours.

su671
    su671  432 forum posts United Kingdom
    10 Sep 2011 - 2:57 PM

iv had my D7000 for about 3 months and i love it, i only shoot Jpeg and find the quality to be FANTASTIC "why not shoot RAW", people might ask, well i just dont think you need to if you, tried it a couple of times and never saw the point in it if im honest lol,, but hay everyone to there own,, just wanted to say thou,, a Brill piece of kit i Looooooooovvvvvvve it lol,, enjoy your trip into Manchester, im a Manchester lad myself, but never seem to take any photos down there,, mybe i should do so Smile

thatmanbrian
    10 Sep 2011 - 5:02 PM

The D7000 is great. I suppose you got it with a kit lens - do you plan any others (when finances have recovered!!)

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.