Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

D7100

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    NikonNovice
    24 Feb 2013 - 4:23 PM

So I finally decided to buy a new D7000 in a few weeks time when the weather picks up. Now Nikon has complicated things and I find myself leaning towards holding off until the summer and buying a D7100. I have quite a few DX lenses so dont feel the need to go full frame (not sure I would see the difference at my level of photography). I shoot mostly landscapes and the odd family pic. I wonder has anyone else any thoughts on the new string to Nikons bow.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Feb 2013 - 4:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Andy_Cundell
    24 Feb 2013 - 4:38 PM

Yes, I have!

I was all geared up to buy a D600 in the near future. Now, I may have to go with the D7100 instead! I have a D90 at the moment and couldn't really justify an upgrade to the D7000, but now it's improved and slightly cheaper than the D600..........it's on my cards!!!

I would really like to put them side by side though and do the touchy-touchy feely-feely thing before I commit. The specs of the D7100 are really very good and like you say, I have DX lenses as well!

The WEX comp to win 2000 of Nikon lenses interests me aswell, but if I can get a much better price, I will!

Andy

NikonNovice
    5 Mar 2013 - 1:56 PM

As I would be upgrading from a D80 I guess its an easier decision for me. i dont jump on the upgrade bandwagon but the latest seems to make more sense as I would be keeping it for quite a few years. I am only upgrading as I am now seeing some limitations with my D80 regarding noise and cropping in during processing.

MikeChase
    MikeChase  1
    8 Mar 2013 - 11:45 AM

Definitely new is always better, primarily on the sensors which will give you better photos. I think your decision to wait is a good one. I have a blog: http://shootdigitalpicslikethepros.com/blog/photography-forum-support

thewilliam
    8 Mar 2013 - 11:57 AM

There's a veritable flood of used D7000 bodies coming onto the market so many folk see the D7100 as a much better bet.

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62481 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    8 Mar 2013 - 3:19 PM

The D600 type AF and 24 MP without the 62% price increase for the AF-S 80-400 are of obvious interest.
    Having seen the Nikon demonstration at Focus other details that interested me were
    1/ the top left control dial on the D7000 has a much needed lock mechanism on the D7100
    2/ the 1.3 crop mode (1.9 compared to FX) puts phase detect autofocus points across the entire width of the image and still delivers 15MP image quality. This will be of interest for some kinds of sports photography and gets close to a 400 mm F2.8 FX angle of view with a much more affordable 70-200 F2.8.
    3/ for those who take architecture, being able to apply perspective control to an image before taking the image, including video, is very useful.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.