Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

D80 Firmware update

Rick_Huggins 7 143 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2009 11:57PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted previously but I've just found out 1.11 was released. Not sure when but it can't be long ago as I'm "normally" on top of these things.

Apologies if this is a duplicate post

Mac
link

Windows
link

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jerry1963 5 5 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2009 10:06PM
Hi,
I have just bought a D80 and it has a firmware level of 1.10. I noticed from the Nikon web site that 1.11 was available, but I didn't feel to confident about downloading this onto my brand new camera. Do you recommend always installing the upgrades and is it relatively straight forward.
Thanks
Jerry
strawman 11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
13 Jan 2009 10:09PM
Jerry if you look to the support site they will probably tell you what the new version of firmware brings. Sometimes the updates are important, sometimes it is for trivial items.

To be honest like everything, there is a risk, but most mange updates no problem. I would advise you make certain that the battery is a good one that is fully charged, and once the process starts go away and leave the camera till it is finished.
Jerry1963 5 5 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2009 3:09PM
Thanks for advice... Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.