Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

D90 settings change by themselves!

Andy_Cundell 3 1.1k 5 England
14 Jul 2013 11:10AM
Hiya Everyone

Has anyone else had the same problem with the D90 or other Nikon camera's?

I have found for the past few years, you can turn the camera on, stick it in a mode (say P*), take a photo and the exposure has changed to +5. Very annoying if it's a quick 'moment' photo you want to capture. This is an intermittant thing.

I know you should always check your settings before you shoot, but sometimes it's just notice possible!!

Andy

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gundog 1 624 Scotland
14 Jul 2013 11:33AM
Remember that the camera will retain a memory of the last settings you used and re-apply them next time you switch on.

I, too, am guilty of not checking the settings before every shot. I don't know how often I have left it on auto-bracketing and then wondered why my exposures seemed to be all over the place.
thewilliam 6 4.7k
14 Jul 2013 11:59AM
Once, during a wedding back in the good old days of film, I had an F100 camera re-program itself. There was a thunderstorm right over the church and it's the only time that I've experienced simultaneous flash and bang. There must have been high voltages involved.
lumix5 3 219 Northern Ireland
14 Jul 2013 1:34PM
I always use the 2 button reset (the 2 green ones on the top panel) every time I pick up my D90. It cancels out any auto bracket/exposure comp/white balance settings that I used the last time.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.