Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Dabs.com

cmawson e2
11 271 United Kingdom
11 Mar 2008 7:54AM
I'm looking at buying a laptop from the above & I was wondering if anyone has recently used this company (dabs.com), if so what was your impression of them?

Also any feedback on them would be grateful.

Many thanks in advance,
Chris.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
12 9.2k 92
11 Mar 2008 8:23AM
Used them many times, including last week.

Stuff was delivered to my works address, no problem.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
11 Mar 2008 8:27AM
Used them as well.
No problem at all.
cmawson e2
11 271 United Kingdom
11 Mar 2008 8:39AM
My main problem is that there is no phone contact, & I've never done business without a phone back up to use if required.
Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
11 Mar 2008 8:43AM
Here's the reason for their no telephone contact policy.

I suppose if you can't live with that you'll have to look elsewhere. Like others, I've never had a problem with them.
11 Mar 2008 8:54AM
I've used dabs.com with no trouble but prefer misco.co.uk nowadays as they have telephone support and when I needed to return some goods the money was back in my account on the same day they received them. No questions asked.
Sue
stolzy 9 3.8k 7
11 Mar 2008 9:21AM
I've used them several times. They are OK, not a fly-by-night operation. getting a response to queries can be problematic.
Remember, you can now return the goods for any reason, so you can try before you buy (within 7 working days)
Henchard e2
9 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
11 Mar 2008 9:35AM
See this link

The conversation (Dabs messaging service) 19th December 2007, towards the bottom is a classic.
cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
11 Mar 2008 10:40AM
Had nothing but problems with Dabs....Although it was some time ago.

Problems included.

Seriously back packaging of delicate items such as Hard Drives/Optical Drives, to mention two...!

Seriously bad communications...!

And some seriously dubious " Auctions " they where running at the time...! Here's what the reply was when I made the winning bid on a monitor ( one of 20 in the lot ) That they where auctioning.....!

The reply was.
Sorry we no longer have any in stock....Tough..!

The real story was.
They wanted more for the monitors than they made in the auction......! This was confirmed when 2 weeks later they had the nerve to run the very same auction, Offering the very same items.........Only this time the start price was higher.....!

So in short I stopped using Dabs.Com.

I can not be precise as to how much that cost them, But put it this way it was well over 4 figures per year.......!

If you want some proper companies to deal with, Who have Telephone/Email/ Contact, Will deliver promptly, Who will help you out in the event of a Returns ( RMA ) situation.....Have a look at the following

OC/UK
OR

Micro-Direct

OR

Ebuyer

For piece of mind........Smile
dwilkin e2
8 24.3k United Kingdom
11 Mar 2008 12:17PM
I would add Novatech , and SVP to that list...
11 Mar 2008 12:55PM
I'd give jigsaw a look they've never let me down:-

www.jigsaw24.com/

misco are also well worth a look.

jk

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.