Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

daftest thing youve done today (so far)

mohikan22 10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2012 11:05AM
well today is NOT my day so i thought id start a fun thread... after all we are only human and mistakes happen! today it was my brains turn to switch off. There i was happily with coffee in hand and music going, ready to print off a photo...........Click, check printer settings.. ALL OK. a quick test print sheet... out pops an A4 fine and dandy.... ok lets print a 5x7 photo (as its loaded into the bottom tray). kool sit back enjoy the tunes and printing away.... !!!!! WTH!!!! its come out totally wrong, colours off and WET ?? hmm a few setting changes and another print.. hmm same result but slightly different colouring....hmm now im getting annoyed. WALK AWAY... made another coffee.. a more relaxing tune on.. ah bliss!.. ok reprint....... ARGH!!!! the same!!! well after much playing about with settings and checking leads,testprints(A4) etc. im dumbfounded...... then i see it..............THE PAPER is the wrong way up¬!¬¬¬¬¬ DOH!!!!!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2012 11:10AM
Oh, yes done that (but not to day) when printing passport photos. I left them to one side to see how they changed while the inks ran. It got quite interesting at one point and I wish I had taken a picture of them at the time because when it progressed it was not nearly so impressive.
gingerdelight 8 298 11 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2012 11:27AM
Daftest thing I've done today? Probably getting out of bed! Wink
francisg 10 703 1 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2012 1:00PM
Making mashed potato and dusted it with drinking chocolate instead of Pepper ! I am off back to bed.
7 Feb 2012 1:31PM
LOL nice , maybe even tasty,,,,,,,,,
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
7 Feb 2012 1:47PM
Was a bit late getting up today...in the kitchen...put milk in glass...put orange juice in cup which already had coffee in it....
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
7 Feb 2012 2:22PM

Quote:THE PAPER is the wrong way up

Done that with darkroom printing a few times Wink

a) on the easel.... not realising untill developed and wasted the chemicals.
b) rolled the paper up the wrong way to put into the Jobo drum.... again wasted chemicals and as well, of course, the paper Sad

Not done anything daft yet today.... BUT there is still just under 10 hours to go ! !
7 Feb 2012 2:25PM
yes and im DREADING them lol....... but so far lunch is doing "ok".....phew....
macroman 11 15.3k England
7 Feb 2012 4:20PM
Got up early 07:00 (It's early for me Grin) to go out to take some sunrise snow pics.

Took a dozen before realizing I wasn't on auto focus, DOH! So had to start over gain, but the sun was too high and the effect was lost. Sad

Maybe tomorrow, maybe?

Re printing: I keep plain paper in the cassette on my printer and have lost count of the number of times I've printed photos on plain insted of photo paper!
7 Feb 2012 4:54PM
"Re printing: I keep plain paper in the cassette on my printer and have lost count of the number of times I've printed photos on plain insted of photo paper!"

hmm im ok on that score i have to select the bottom try or everything prints to the top. hence 5x7 in the bottom and a4 at the top Grin
ethos69 2 1 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2012 7:00PM
got up early today and headed north to loch Lomond (2 hour drive)
set up the tripod, went to set up the camera and at that point i remembered it
was still on the kitchen table at home !doh!
7 Feb 2012 7:06PM
ARGH!!!!!! now that definatly tops my daft day
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
7 Feb 2012 7:10PM
Trying to talk to my husband on Skype but forgetting to turn the speaker on. It was a bit of a one-sided affair for a few puzzling minutes.
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2012 7:18PM
If you're like most wives I dare say he wouldn't have noticed any difference.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.