Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

daftest thing youve done today (so far)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mohikan22
    mohikan22  102187 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2012 - 11:05 AM

well today is NOT my day so i thought id start a fun thread... after all we are only human and mistakes happen! today it was my brains turn to switch off. There i was happily with coffee in hand and music going, ready to print off a photo...........Click, check printer settings.. ALL OK. a quick test print sheet... out pops an A4 fine and dandy.... ok lets print a 5x7 photo (as its loaded into the bottom tray). kool sit back enjoy the tunes and printing away.... !!!!! WTH!!!! its come out totally wrong, colours off and WET ?? hmm a few setting changes and another print.. hmm same result but slightly different colouring....hmm now im getting annoyed. WALK AWAY... made another coffee.. a more relaxing tune on.. ah bliss!.. ok reprint....... ARGH!!!! the same!!! well after much playing about with settings and checking leads,testprints(A4) etc. im dumbfounded...... then i see it..............THE PAPER is the wrong way up¬!¬¬¬¬¬ DOH!!!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Feb 2012 - 11:05 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit  56349 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2012 - 11:10 AM

Oh, yes done that (but not to day) when printing passport photos. I left them to one side to see how they changed while the inks ran. It got quite interesting at one point and I wish I had taken a picture of them at the time because when it progressed it was not nearly so impressive.

gingerdelight
    7 Feb 2012 - 11:27 AM

Daftest thing I've done today? Probably getting out of bed! Wink

francisg
    francisg  10703 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2012 - 1:00 PM

Making mashed potato and dusted it with drinking chocolate instead of Pepper ! I am off back to bed.

mohikan22
    7 Feb 2012 - 1:31 PM

LOL nice , maybe even tasty,,,,,,,,,

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43858 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2012 - 1:47 PM

Was a bit late getting up today...in the kitchen...put milk in glass...put orange juice in cup which already had coffee in it....

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2012 - 2:22 PM

Quote: THE PAPER is the wrong way up

Done that with darkroom printing a few times Wink

a) on the easel.... not realising untill developed and wasted the chemicals.
    b) rolled the paper up the wrong way to put into the Jobo drum.... again wasted chemicals and as well, of course, the paper Sad

Not done anything daft yet today.... BUT there is still just under 10 hours to go ! !

Last Modified By JJGEE at 7 Feb 2012 - 2:22 PM
    mohikan22
    7 Feb 2012 - 2:25 PM

yes and im DREADING them lol....... but so far lunch is doing "ok".....phew....

macroman
    macroman  1115312 forum posts England
    7 Feb 2012 - 4:20 PM

Got up early 07:00 (It's early for me Grin) to go out to take some sunrise snow pics.

Took a dozen before realizing I wasn't on auto focus, DOH! So had to start over gain, but the sun was too high and the effect was lost. Sad

Maybe tomorrow, maybe?

Re printing: I keep plain paper in the cassette on my printer and have lost count of the number of times I've printed photos on plain insted of photo paper!

Last Modified By macroman at 7 Feb 2012 - 4:24 PM
    mohikan22
    7 Feb 2012 - 4:54 PM

"Re printing: I keep plain paper in the cassette on my printer and have lost count of the number of times I've printed photos on plain insted of photo paper!"

hmm im ok on that score i have to select the bottom try or everything prints to the top. hence 5x7 in the bottom and a4 at the top Grin

ethos69
    ethos69  2 United Kingdom
    7 Feb 2012 - 7:00 PM

got up early today and headed north to loch Lomond (2 hour drive)
    set up the tripod, went to set up the camera and at that point i remembered it
    was still on the kitchen table at home !doh!

mohikan22
    7 Feb 2012 - 7:06 PM

ARGH!!!!!! now that definatly tops my daft day

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64404 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2012 - 7:10 PM

Trying to talk to my husband on Skype but forgetting to turn the speaker on. It was a bit of a one-sided affair for a few puzzling minutes.

User_Removed
    7 Feb 2012 - 7:18 PM

If you're like most wives I dare say he wouldn't have noticed any difference.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.