Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Damn music on websites!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    meercat
    meercat  5278 forum posts United Kingdom
    1 Dec 2010 - 9:57 PM

RANT ALERT!!!!
    Why do wedding photographers (I know not all of you) insist on putting music on their websites? I mean come on, I'm innocently listening to the radio (online) and open a site only to be bombarded by what you think I want to hear, well I don't!! I then have to try to find the stop/mute button, and hope I haven't missed anything inportant on what I was actually trying to listen to! Does it really help sell your site, or is it there just to annoy me??

Rant over, please continue with your normal lives.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Dec 2010 - 9:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    1 Dec 2010 - 10:56 PM

ahahahaha

biggest website failure is integrated music.

monkeygrip
    1 Dec 2010 - 11:49 PM

Totally agree with your rant but the great thing is it actually makes people either hunt for the mute button so miss half of the slide show or they just click off.

More work for me hooray!!!

Carrera_c
    Carrera_c  4254 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Dec 2010 - 9:01 AM

Agree as well, music on a site is more likely to make me close the page. It's a very old concept from the yesteryear of the web, most people nowadays just find it annoying as hell.

Ian-Munro
    Ian-Munro  6200 forum posts Wales15 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Dec 2010 - 9:41 AM

mmm tough one really. I agree to an extent but I visited "ambrits" site the other day and thought his music suited it and it was for me very uplifting.....brilliant.

So there you have it! I loved it and would like to buy one of his "dreamscape" prints Smile

User_Removed
    2 Dec 2010 - 10:39 AM

Fastest site turn-off for me.

My finger is on the 'Back' key faster than a speeding bullet the moment I hear that first note.

davidburleson
    davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72303 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
    2 Dec 2010 - 10:49 AM

If background music is essential, it must be extremely obvious to the visitor how to turn it off or turn it down. Personally, I don't like it unless im on a Band website.

going_digital
    2 Dec 2010 - 10:50 AM

Have to agree, noise on websites is just a right pain, results in instant closure of window.

macroman
    macroman  1115312 forum posts England
    2 Dec 2010 - 12:13 PM

Yep! definitely a 'no go' area.

Also why that damned thumping beat at the start of news progs on TV? Totally un-neccesary!

And while on webste design, what's with the present trend of very pale blue/grey text on white backgrounds, its ruddy almost unreadable, especially for us silver surfers.

If they want us to read their site why make it so ruddy difficult?

Let's have text that can be read easily, like black on white for instance. Grin

Last Modified By macroman at 2 Dec 2010 - 12:14 PM
    samfurlong
    2 Dec 2010 - 6:03 PM

I think it depends where you are coming from really. As a photographer checking out another snappers work I am in 100% agreement, I quickly hit the mute button on the keyboard or the sound off button on the site if it's clearly visible but here's a newsflash.......

Wedding photographers websites are not there for other togs to cadge ideas off, they are there to get brides-to-be interested and ultimately pay cash for the photographers services.
    If it's done appropriately (and the starting volume is not to flippin' loud) it can enhance a slide show and set a mood very well, which does psychologically affect the way the viewer 'reads' the work.
    I would never put stupid music on my main website but I do have some gentle music on the first page of my weddings site and I have had quite a few compliments on it from people who have eventually booked... so that's good enough for me... it stays.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.