Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

David Beckham, Photographer??

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

MattB1987
MattB1987 e2 Member 2419 forum postsMattB1987 vcard England
23 Apr 2012 - 10:32 AM

Has anyone else seen the latest advert for Adidas with David Beckham talking about some photography competition with him or something? Don't really know the details I just saw him with a camera and briefly tuned in.

I he a closet photographer or something, just seemed strange and wondered what it was all about and if anyone else has seen it?

Cheers

Matt

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Apr 2012 - 10:32 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken
franken e2 Member 123126 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2012 - 10:40 AM

Perhaps its me but what's so strange about him being a photographer/using a camera?

Ken

MattB1987
23 Apr 2012 - 10:44 AM

Not strange him using a camera as such I just wondered what it was all about, I'd never heard of him being associated with photography before but now he's appearingon an advert which makes him look like he's an expert, just a shock I suppose.

Though saying that I may have completely missed the point of the advert as I wasn't paying much attention.

Matt

franken
franken e2 Member 123126 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2012 - 10:49 AM

One can assume he's paid a lot of money for advertising whether he uses any of the brands personally is anyone's guess?

Ken

janeez
janeez e2 Member 61192 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2012 - 10:53 AM

Was he wearing a big jacket with huge pockets and have a vacant, staring into the distance look on his face. (Usually over the shoulder of the person you are talking to!) If he didn't have that then he can't possibly be a photographer! Wink

MattB1987
23 Apr 2012 - 10:58 AM

Well obviously yeah, but this was an advert for adidas, not for a camera.

I have found some information on the ol' interweb though, looks like its a competition to photograph him in a studio. I just watched the advert properly and yeah he's not saying he's a photographer, looks like a nice opportunity to meet him and take some photos though if you're that way inclined.

Not sure if the guys at ephotozine are aware of this competition?

Matt

MattB1987
23 Apr 2012 - 10:59 AM

Quote: Was he wearing a big jacket with huge pockets and have a vacant, staring into the distance look on his face. (Usually over the shoulder of the person you are talking to!) If he didn't have that then he can't possibly be a photographer!

Ah thanks for that made me laugh on an otherwise dull Monday morning, brilliant Smile

Matt

55jase
55jase e2 Member 8186 forum posts55jase vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2012 - 11:09 AM

http://discover.adidas.co.uk/goallin/challenges/2012/04/olympic-take-the-stage-w...

shellshock
23 Apr 2012 - 11:32 AM

I think I'm right in saying Mr. Beckham has been a keen amateur photographer for a while. I remember some Pap pic's a year or so ago and they'd snapped him taking some photo's. He'd got what looked to be a 300mm lens or there abouts. Whether the pic's where any good who knows....

rambler
rambler e2 Member 6474 forum postsrambler vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2012 - 11:33 AM

Having looked through some of the entries on the link I am beginning to think that Adidas might regret this campaign.
It is amazing what some people consider to be good photography.

Ken.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53623 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2012 - 12:34 PM

Cool - A high profile bloke pushing photography.

Dizzee Rascal did this last year with Microsoft.

Lets not run him down too much, unless he presses the shutter with his left foot he is probably no different as a photographer to the most of us.

Taking photo's and looking cool in addidas kit - maybe its a new trend - instead of a bling goldie looking chain we all wear SLR's and compacts Wink

And the prize is to take shots Of Mr Beckham - That would be nice on your profile page.

Last Modified By JackAllTog at 23 Apr 2012 - 12:38 PM
MattB1987
23 Apr 2012 - 12:47 PM

Oh yeah I must admit it does make photography look a lot cooler!

Whilst we're on the subject what does everyone thing about that new HTC advert with the photography student and the skydive, I cant help thinking if that was me I would have accidently dropped that phone way before I got anywhere near the ground lol.

David Beckham on your profile page would be pretty cool too and maybe if he's feeling generous he could donate some money for photographic equipment hehe.

Matt

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023026 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2012 - 1:23 PM

125MPH with a slippery HTC and no wrist cable.

I believe.
Wink

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41207 forum posts United Kingdom198 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2012 - 2:06 PM

Quote: unless he presses the shutter with his left foot

He only uses the left for standing on. The right has some magic in it, but the left is a passenger most of the time.

Tongue

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012603 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2012 - 2:09 PM

Not sure why its so strange, and I also believe he's been a keen photographer for years.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.