Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

David Beckham, Photographer??

MattB1987 e2
3 444 England
23 Apr 2012 2:19PM
Well obviously its strange to someone who was unaware of his interest in photography, maybe people should re-phrase their comments to say 'He's been a keen photographer for a while did you know' or something a little less abrupt. Just a thought, maybe you should become a teacher i always thought that being patronising is the best way to answer a question.

Sorry for the rant but it grates on me when people are so blunt when asked a open and inquisitive question.

Matt

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
23 Apr 2012 2:24PM
I saw the ad. I must say it was a bit strange for me too, as I didn't know he is into photography.
I thought them footballers are only into cars and women.... TongueWinkSmileGrin
MattB1987 e2
3 444 England
23 Apr 2012 2:27PM

Quote:I saw the ad. I must say it was a bit strange for me too, as I didn't know he is into photography.
I thought them footballers are only into cars and women....

Don't forget anything shiney too lol Grin
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
23 Apr 2012 2:31PM
sorry didnt mean it like that, I was just not sure why it was strange (and also confirming a comment above about him).
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
23 Apr 2012 2:33PM
Though sadly its another Facebook Friends Competition.
MattB1987 e2
3 444 England
23 Apr 2012 2:35PM
thats alright sorry just got worked up, i was just shocked because i'd never heard that he was into photography and wasn't something i would have associated with him. I wonder if any of his work is circling the internet (photos not that footbal thing lol) maybe we should invite him to ephotozine Tongue
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
23 Apr 2012 2:36PM
It certainly is, Keith.
TonyBrooks 5 67 United Kingdom
23 Apr 2012 4:38PM
Just another Scam to put pound notes in the Beckhams pockets
mikesavage e2
12 260 2 England
23 Apr 2012 8:52PM
I saw a picture of David Beckham in one of the colour supplements not so long ago, with a Fuji X100 slung over his shoulder.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
23 Apr 2012 10:33PM
Probably given to him for advertising.
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
23 Apr 2012 10:49PM
I don't know why it's so strange. There have been many famous people that use photography as a release, I believe one or two frequent EPZ.

I think there's even a photography club in the house of commons.
MattB1987 e2
3 444 England
23 Apr 2012 11:42PM
Well I've certainly learnt something new today, I guess until I got into photography I didnt really notice other photographers as much, can't blame them for using photography as a release, does wonders for me, plus I have visited so many different places that I wouldnt normally have gone.
Tooth 9 5.8k 227 Ireland
24 Apr 2012 12:44AM

Quote:Once your photo is uploaded you need to ensure that you are one of the top entrants, get people to vote for you and ensure you are in the top 10 most liked photo's.

there you go, it's not a photography competition, it's a voting competition. At last they're honest about it (or maybe the distinction is lost on them?..)
Overread 6 3.9k 18 England
24 Apr 2012 1:21AM
Voting competitions are pure gold for the companies that run them (the purest of gold being a voting competition which a submission fee for each entry).

I dislike them greatly as they encourage regular people into becoming spambots. "vote for me" posts are always a pain on forums; if by new people they are little more than advertising spam; if from established people they nearly always spark off a "I'm not voting for you" reaction from someone and then the thread fireballs.

But in the end its mostly just votes --- people love votes online -- they debate about them endlessly Wink
strokebloke 6 481 16 England
29 Apr 2012 6:12PM

Quote:Having looked through some of the entries on the link I am beginning to think that Adidas might regret this campaign.
It is amazing what some people consider to be good photography.

Maybe I'll enter.
My photos are generally mediocre tending towards crap WinkTongue ~ but they're way better than what I've just seen GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.