Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Advertisement

Day 02 June 2010: Creative with apertures

Forums > Photo Month Forum > Day 02 June 2010: Creative with apertures

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

nik111
nik111 ePHOTOzine Staff 6315 forum postsnik111 vcard United Kingdom
2 Jun 2010 - 12:01 AM

For the 2nd of June we're using apertures creatively. We want to see portraits with great Bokeh and if you need some tips before you shoot check out Will's advice. Once you have your portraits e2 members can display them here while our free members can put them in the gallery.

You can find out more about Photo Month in our what is Photo Month forum.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Jun 2010 - 12:01 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

slimey
slimey  485 forum posts Wales
2 Jun 2010 - 7:03 AM

Here's one I took of my son a few years back, on the day I got my 50mm f/1.8 lens. It's still one of my favourites...

img-0507.jpg

devlin
devlin  4651 forum posts India39 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jun 2010 - 7:36 AM

The Wife Smile

4530879294-e044052259-b.jpg

clicknimagine

i love this topic and the theme of this month, i will try to submit one today...

User_Removed
2 Jun 2010 - 8:14 AM

little-d.jpg

Little D

User_Removed
2 Jun 2010 - 8:42 AM

keep-out.jpg

Keep Out

User_Removed
2 Jun 2010 - 8:43 AM

leaves.jpg

Leaves

User_Removed
2 Jun 2010 - 8:44 AM

hen-moor.jpg

Henry Moore

User_Removed
2 Jun 2010 - 8:45 AM

Wasn't sure how many I was allowed to upload - sorry if it's only 1 - delete what you want.

User_Removed
2 Jun 2010 - 8:52 AM

opps! looks like they all need to be taken today, sorry didn't read it. So delete them all.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95989 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jun 2010 - 9:10 AM

Well not necessarily today - most of us can't manage to do the 'challenges' on a daily basis. However the subject matter is supposed to be portraits Smile I somehow doubt I'll find anyone to sit in front of the camera for me today - would be nice if I could find someone daft enough to!

User_Removed
2 Jun 2010 - 9:14 AM

Oh okay! Portraits. Well I would say two were okay then, the first one and the last one - it's a portrait of a sculpture.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95989 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jun 2010 - 9:28 AM

Yeah I reckon you can get away with them Smile I've just asked my work colleague if he'd like to pose for me - not a chance was his reply Smile

User_Removed
2 Jun 2010 - 9:33 AM

Get him to pose, but have him in the background, use the foreground as the focus point. Nothing says a portrait has to be the focus point. Use something in the foreground that is part of his work, PC, tractor, frying pan whatever.

cattyal
2 Jun 2010 - 9:38 AM

True - I still reckon it'd be a battle Smile That said I do have some of him and his family taken in the studio a few weeks ago - he had no choice when I told him to sit with his daughter!

I really want to find some models willing to sit for me - I'd love to do more portraiture but willing models are hard to come by! - maybe they've seen my self portraits and are a tad wary......

Last Modified By cattyal at 2 Jun 2010 - 9:38 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.