Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Advertisement

Day 06 June 2010: Kids

Forums > Photo Month Forum > Day 06 June 2010: Kids

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014721 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jun 2010 - 5:45 AM

katherine.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Jun 2010 - 5:45 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sophis
sophis  8136 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jun 2010 - 12:26 PM

Am I allowed to post a day late? missed this one yesterday
Heres a couple from me
img-0628.jpg

img-18751.jpg

sophis
8 Jun 2010 - 12:39 PM

oops I mean 2 days late Smile

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014721 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jun 2010 - 4:36 PM

Sophis, they explained a little while ago that the idea here is to post when you get a chance, anytime.Grin

sophis
9 Jun 2010 - 12:48 PM

ok thanks will have to spend more time reading through things, theres just so much info on this site I don't know where to start Grin

I thought I'd add another image on this theme having just read through the desaturate tutorial I took my son out in the garden to try and get a nice image to work with, but he's learning so fast (probably from his dad) how to ignore Mummy lol, So the image below is all I ended up with.

I don't have paint shop pro but used the alternatives in CS5 (trial version - I'll be gutted when it expires) I selected my son using the quick select tool refined the edges to get a better selection, slightly desaturated him, and gave hime a curves boost. I then inversed the selection and desaturated the background quite a lot.

I have shown original (last image) as well as worked on image, I'm not sure I like the result on this image but thought I'd share it anyway and thanks for the tutorial it will certainly come in handy for other images.
desat.jpg
original.jpg

Debbie

Last Modified By sophis at 9 Jun 2010 - 12:53 PM
Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jun 2010 - 4:33 PM

Quote: ok thanks will have to spend more time reading through things, theres just so much info on this site I don't know where to start

I suggest starting with the expertly written article given in the link in the OP Wink

Last Modified By Fishnet at 9 Jun 2010 - 4:33 PM
sophis
9 Jun 2010 - 5:30 PM

lol Grin thanks for the advice but I had read through that (honestly), no it was to do with not knowing you could post images up at a later date, I thought the idea of the photo month was to get the images for each day, and post them on that day, but I've just read through a load of forum topics on it and will hopefully be joining in with this on a more regular basis, now.

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jun 2010 - 5:34 PM

ahh, I think you missed the point of my post lol

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.