Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Day 06 June 2010: Kids

Advertisement

StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
8 Jun 2010 5:45AM
katherine.jpg

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sophis 8 136 6 United Kingdom
8 Jun 2010 12:26PM
Am I allowed to post a day late? missed this one yesterday
Heres a couple from me
img-0628.jpg

img-18751.jpg

8 Jun 2010 12:39PM
oops I mean 2 days late Smile
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
8 Jun 2010 4:36PM
Sophis, they explained a little while ago that the idea here is to post when you get a chance, anytime.Grin
9 Jun 2010 12:48PM
ok thanks will have to spend more time reading through things, theres just so much info on this site I don't know where to start Grin

I thought I'd add another image on this theme having just read through the desaturate tutorial I took my son out in the garden to try and get a nice image to work with, but he's learning so fast (probably from his dad) how to ignore Mummy lol, So the image below is all I ended up with.

I don't have paint shop pro but used the alternatives in CS5 (trial version - I'll be gutted when it expires) I selected my son using the quick select tool refined the edges to get a better selection, slightly desaturated him, and gave hime a curves boost. I then inversed the selection and desaturated the background quite a lot.

I have shown original (last image) as well as worked on image, I'm not sure I like the result on this image but thought I'd share it anyway and thanks for the tutorial it will certainly come in handy for other images.
desat.jpg

original.jpg

Debbie
Fishnet e2
10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2010 4:33PM

Quote:ok thanks will have to spend more time reading through things, theres just so much info on this site I don't know where to start

I suggest starting with the expertly written article given in the link in the OP Wink
9 Jun 2010 5:30PM
lol Grin thanks for the advice but I had read through that (honestly), no it was to do with not knowing you could post images up at a later date, I thought the idea of the photo month was to get the images for each day, and post them on that day, but I've just read through a load of forum topics on it and will hopefully be joining in with this on a more regular basis, now.
Fishnet e2
10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2010 5:34PM
ahh, I think you missed the point of my post lol

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.