Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Advertisement

Day 3 March 2010: Intense incense

Forums > Photo Month Forum > Day 3 March 2010: Intense incense

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

nik111
nik111 ePHOTOzine Staff 6315 forum postsnik111 vcard United Kingdom
3 Mar 2010 - 9:30 AM

Today we're playing with incense smoke. Our article and technique will show you how a few sticks of incense and a little time in Photoshop can create some unique abstract images. Once you've had a go at the technique if you're an e2 member you can upload your images here while our free members can upload images into the gallery.

Enjoy!

You can learn more about Photo Month in our what is Photo Month thread.

Last Modified By nik111 at 12 Apr 2010 - 4:43 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Mar 2010 - 9:30 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

markharrop
markharrop  10191 forum posts England
3 Mar 2010 - 10:08 AM

I'll add the first one. I really enjoyed doing this, and was surprised what good results you can get.

smoke.jpg

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95989 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2010 - 10:26 AM

Sadly it's unlikely I'll get any time today to do some smoke ones but they are indeed a great deal easier than people think .....

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2010 - 10:42 AM

Once you have smoke you can use it to create additional artistic effects. Here smoke was duplicated and flipped and a half flipped face was added as another layer. And then the face was flipped to create the reflection. I've ended up with something that might suit a new age / ambient project.

smokeface.jpg

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2010 - 12:53 PM

I'm taking it that Will did not write the article then as he swore at me after the technique appeared in PM as trying to get good images was frustrating him, he claimed draughts in the studio Wink

redsmoke.jpg

New idea is working well so far all Grin

collywobles
3 Mar 2010 - 4:01 PM

Remarkable and interesting results. Colin

nik111
3 Mar 2010 - 4:48 PM

The images look great!

Quote: I'm taking it that Will did not write the article then as he swore at me after the technique appeared in PM

He did have a try in the studio and I don't think draughts were a problem this time!

csurry
3 Mar 2010 - 8:12 PM

Ah but the epZ studio is obviously better than Will's draughty house for photography Wink

Maybe we could get more people to join in if there was a weekly prize for best linked photo?

nik111
4 Mar 2010 - 2:02 PM

Quote: Maybe we could get more people to join in if there was a weekly prize for best linked photo?

Watch this space....

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012523 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
4 Mar 2010 - 6:50 PM

s'pose I'd better add mine, really enjoyed doing these but got criticised for doing so many ho hum

smoke.jpg

collywobles
5 Mar 2010 - 9:47 AM

I'm gonna have to try these - going out to buy some white background board now - although the black has more impact me thinks. Colin

csurry
5 Mar 2010 - 9:49 AM

Colin the background is always black. The white ones are just inverted in PS! Wink

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2010 - 9:49 AM

Quote: I'm gonna have to try these - going out to buy some white background board now - although the black has more impact me thinks. Colin

Don't buy white. Just shoot on black and invert to get white in your digital image editing program.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012523 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2010 - 8:42 PM

can you add more than one

smoke-2.jpg

oops did anyway, finger slipped Wink

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2010 - 8:47 PM

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.