Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Day 1 March 2010: Show us your best daffodil images

Advertisement

nik111 e2
6 2.1k United Kingdom
1 Mar 2010 12:05PM
Today's St David's Day so read our article , follow our technique and show us your best daffodil images ! e2 members can upload images here while our free members can upload images into the gallery.

You can learn more about Photo Month in our what is Photo Month thread.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
1 Mar 2010 3:07PM
mmmm- better buy some daffs on the way home........ any excuse Smile
nik111 e2
6 2.1k United Kingdom
1 Mar 2010 3:16PM
It is a good excuse to buy some flowers! The technique is easy to do and you can capture some really great images.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
1 Mar 2010 7:27PM
Well sadly my efforts to get Daffodils proved fuitless - a great start but hey ho - I'll see what tomorrow brings! Meanwhile can I be really silly and show you a Daffy instead?

Hopefully someone will be along with a more accurate interpretation of the theme....... please feel free to delete if I'm being annoying.....
dsc01699.jpg

csurry 12 9.2k 92
1 Mar 2010 7:57PM
Haha Alison, that's a good start. It is a daffy, but not a daffodil Grin
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
1 Mar 2010 7:59PM
Liked the video tutorial, but what is Pete's hourly rate for watering the daffodils and is the watering can included ? Wink
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
1 Mar 2010 8:02PM

Quote:Haha Alison, that's a good start. It is a daffy, but not a daffodil Grin

Well I figured if nothing else that it might make one or two peeps have a look at the thread and join in sensibly Smile

I do plan to join in properly - I won't mess about all the time - promise.....
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
1 Mar 2010 8:25PM
OK, This isn't a new one, in fact I've had it in my pf. for some time.

At the time, I'd never done anything like this before and as a direct result of posting it, I received some excellent advice and I learned something, so here it is!

Jester

88694-1237976279.jpg

colin333 4 1
2 Mar 2010 8:32PM
Really enjoyed this article and the concept of photo month (ill sure to be back everydayGrin) - when I get some daffs hopefully I can upload a pic.
nik111 e2
6 2.1k United Kingdom
3 Mar 2010 9:22AM

Quote:Really enjoyed this article and the concept of photo month (ill sure to be back everydayGrin) - when I get some daffs hopefully I can upload a pic.

That's good to hear!
diver pete 10 71 1 New Zealand
3 Mar 2010 10:14PM
Had some fun with the tutorials. Unfortunately daffs are a bit hard to come by in the autumn here so I used a rose instead. Seperated the flower from the background using a mask then lightened the background to show raindrops and darkened the flower to gain definition.
I preferred the image at this stage to the one after the editing tutorial so I posted both. Worked through the frame tutorial but really didnt like the result so dumped it.
Any comments appreciated!
Regards,
Pete
Didn't realise that you had to be an E2 member to upload piccies here so will leave it at that. Will upload it to the gallery instead.
andytvcams 12 10.4k United Kingdom
3 Mar 2010 10:26PM

Quote: Unfortunately daffs are a bit hard to come by in the autumn here

Their not exactly flowering here either. Wink

Quote:Didn't realise that you had to be an E2 member to upload piccies here so will leave it at that. Will upload it to the gallery instead

Don't forget to put a link on here so we can find it.
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
4 Mar 2010 7:22AM
one to end Day one - my `daffs' have had their day Saddsc-0966.jpg

my windows need cleaning....bye!!!! Wink
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
4 Mar 2010 8:27AM
I've still not managed to get hold of any daffs and now am unlikely to manage until next week - ho hum......
nik111 e2
6 2.1k United Kingdom
4 Mar 2010 9:10AM
Your daffs don't look too well!Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.