Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Daylight Savings Time

StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
2 Nov 2013 6:05AM
The time "falls" back an hour tomorrow night.

Here are some general tips to cope, from Canadian sleep expert Dr. Carny;

“I want people to reflect on their health habits and habits for sleep,” Carney advised.

This winter season, try to fit in as much natural light as you can, don’t spend too much time in bed when you’re not sleeping, stay hydrated and watch your diet and exercise and try to keep a regular schedule with sleep,” she said.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KevSB 10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2013 6:46AM
ours went back a week ago so a little late for us over here in the uk
thewilliam 6 4.9k
2 Nov 2013 2:41PM
One wise native American expressed the concept of daylight saving time thus:-

If you cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it onto the bottom, how does the blanket become longer?
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
2 Nov 2013 6:51PM
it doesn't, it just covers a different part of you. ( Or a different part of the day, to get back to Dennys original thheme).
13 Nov 2013 12:23PM
I don't think this daylight saving time is working as it should, it is getting darker sooner each afternoon.

I might try and rectify things by sewing two blankets together.Tongue But advice from the intelligent ones in here, eg. adrian, Should I sew the blankets end to end, or side to side ??Grin
16 Nov 2013 7:34PM
Thanks for not proferring any advice re the sewing of blankets. I have sewn them corner to corner, and it is still getting darker sooner each evening, and also in the mornings. I hope the winter solstice is not in late January, otherwise we will be right up the creek.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.