Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Daylight Savings Time

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    StrayCat
    StrayCat  1014482 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Nov 2013 - 6:05 AM

The time "falls" back an hour tomorrow night.

Here are some general tips to cope, from Canadian sleep expert Dr. Carny;

“I want people to reflect on their health habits and habits for sleep,” Carney advised.

This winter season, try to fit in as much natural light as you can, don’t spend too much time in bed when you’re not sleeping, stay hydrated and watch your diet and exercise and try to keep a regular schedule with sleep,” she said.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Nov 2013 - 6:05 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KevSB
    KevSB  101404 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Nov 2013 - 6:46 AM

ours went back a week ago so a little late for us over here in the uk

thewilliam
    2 Nov 2013 - 2:41 PM

One wise native American expressed the concept of daylight saving time thus:-

If you cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it onto the bottom, how does the blanket become longer?

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 63279 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Nov 2013 - 6:51 PM

it doesn't, it just covers a different part of you. ( Or a different part of the day, to get back to Dennys original thheme).

polis_928tadw59
    13 Nov 2013 - 12:23 PM

I don't think this daylight saving time is working as it should, it is getting darker sooner each afternoon.

I might try and rectify things by sewing two blankets together.Tongue But advice from the intelligent ones in here, eg. adrian, Should I sew the blankets end to end, or side to side ??Grin

polis_928tadw59

Thanks for not proferring any advice re the sewing of blankets. I have sewn them corner to corner, and it is still getting darker sooner each evening, and also in the mornings. I hope the winter solstice is not in late January, otherwise we will be right up the creek.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.