Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

delete account

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014627 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
13 Sep 2013 - 4:58 PM

I visit other sites, have a laugh or two, then come back here and have a laugh.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Sep 2013 - 4:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014627 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
13 Sep 2013 - 5:01 PM

Michael, I've been trying to figure out why you're so smart; it must be from walking around upside down all day, and all that blood pooling in your brain pan.Tongue

Paul_Anthony
13 Sep 2013 - 6:07 PM

Quote: If you request that your account be deleted, including all images, then it will be deleted, images and all.

Not entirely true. If you have an account terminated without deleting your photographs first (possibly even if you have deleted your photographs from your own gallery prior to requesting an account closure) your images will still appear in an image search. It would seem that ephotozine think it is OK to keep your photographs on their servers even if you do not want them too.

Here is some proof link to image that I deleted from a previous account prior to having the account closed.

Paul

robthecamman
13 Sep 2013 - 6:18 PM

think i stay dissapoint to many if i leave Smile

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43816 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
13 Sep 2013 - 6:24 PM

Quote: If you request that your account be deleted, including all images, then it will be deleted, images and all.

Not entirely true. If you have an account terminated without deleting your photographs first (possibly even if you have deleted your photographs from your own gallery prior to requesting an account closure) your images will still appear in an image search. It would seem that ephotozine think it is OK to keep your photographs on their servers even if you do not want them too.

Here is some proof link to image that I deleted from a previous account prior to having the account closed.

Paul

Interesting, and contrary to Moderator info...will check with IT.

Malc

MichaelMelb_AU
14 Sep 2013 - 12:12 AM

Quote: Michael, I've been trying to figure out why you're so smart; it must be from walking around upside down all day, and all that blood pooling in your brain pan.Tongue

Our understandings of witty are antipodalTongueWink Notwithstanding, I am flattered by your attention. Watch for it becoming an obsession!

Last Modified By MichaelMelb_AU at 14 Sep 2013 - 12:18 AM
Paul_Anthony
14 Sep 2013 - 7:29 AM

Quote: Interesting, and contrary to Moderator info...will check with IT.

Any Feedback?

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43816 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
14 Sep 2013 - 7:53 AM

Quote: Interesting, and contrary to Moderator info...will check with IT.

Any Feedback?

Not yet, but it was well after office hours when I put in the report. Will reply as soon as I hear back from them. Might be Monday though.

Evertonian
14 Sep 2013 - 8:30 AM

Quote: Think i stay dissapoint to many if i leave Smile

Splutter! Splutter!

Bluetooth
Bluetooth  7 England
14 Sep 2013 - 9:10 AM

Quote: It's better to have a holiday rather than just move to an unknown place.

...or...don't divorce the missus, get a mistress or two on the sideWinkGrin

Not a good idea my wife really lost her sense of humour when I got my girlfriend pregnant.

Never got this thing about leaving forums and deleting accounts.

saltireblue
16 Sep 2013 - 9:19 AM

The answer from IT is that when they receive a 'please close my account' request, the account is blocked, but all images and other info remain on the ePz server.
Only if a specific request is made to remove all images and data will this be done.

There are alternatives being considered whereby members will have more control over this themselves, and ePz will not have to get directly involved as they do today.

Paul_Anthony
17 Sep 2013 - 2:31 PM

Thanks for the feedback, although I am pretty sure i deleted all my images before requesting the account to be closed and yet the images are still there to be found.

Paul

saltireblue
18 Sep 2013 - 3:07 PM

Quote: Thanks for the feedback, although I am pretty sure i deleted all my images before requesting the account to be closed and yet the images are still there to be found.

Paul

From the Gallery T&Cs:

Quote: 23. When an image is deleted from the gallery, we keep the image on our server. You can request that this be totally deleted by contacting our office.

robthecamman
18 Sep 2013 - 4:26 PM

wats the point of keeping pics on server when user thinks theyr deleted just out of interest?

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72337 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
18 Sep 2013 - 4:51 PM

It's a clause written primarily due to the way our server backups work. We keep a snapshot backup of the files on our server for a number of days in the past on our backups encase we need to revert to a previous day. Needless to say, to completely remove a photo from the backup snapshots can be quite a tedious and time consuming job. So the only interest we have in these photos are purely down to data integrity.

Last Modified By davidburleson at 18 Sep 2013 - 4:53 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.