Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Deleting searches

ringyneck e2
8 308 18 United Kingdom
26 Aug 2014 12:50AM
I can delete the top bar through tools - clear browsing history but how do I delete from the lower bar.
I am on Virgin Media and its a google search bar.
Hope anyone can understand that.

I asked on a Virgin forum and got an answer that needed me to download something and when I clicked on it I need to download a download manager...it got all too complicated as even though I have been using a computer over 15 years I still know nowt and in the past when trying anything like this it had me doing all kind of things and I ended up with all weird search bars that kept coming up stopping me getting to the original one...I had to get someone to clear all that lot away so I could get back to where I started.

Why is it so hard to simply delete something from a search bar anyway?

Keith

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

26 Aug 2014 10:11AM
Hi --not sure if i'm on the right problem ----- but all I do to delete the saved searches is by the little x at the right side of a selected webpage when highlighted in the drop down menu

Hope this helps
ringyneck e2
8 308 18 United Kingdom
26 Aug 2014 10:35AM
Thanks jambutty53 for replying....... this is the 1st thing I looked at...I am sure there was an x there before but nothing now.....also if I right click nothing happens either.

Keith
ringyneck e2
8 308 18 United Kingdom
26 Aug 2014 10:44AM
EDIT.....If I right click in the box I get a drop down with options like paste etc but the delete is not highlighted so cant click on it.
In the dropdown when I left click on the box brings up the selected history and theres no x in the corner.

Keith
Chris_L e2
1.5k United Kingdom
26 Aug 2014 10:45AM
To delete suggestions from previous searches appearing highlight them and press either ctrl-del or alt-del, depending on browser
26 Aug 2014 10:57AM
Bit odd that -- same system-- Virgin with Google search -- I wonder if you have locked it somehow -

Sorry -- wish I could help you more -- [not too savvy with computers] - -but i'm sure someone on site has the answer

Good Luck anyway
puertouk e2
3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
26 Aug 2014 11:01AM
If you are trying to remove a link in the bottom toolbar, right click > Toolbars > Click on the link that is active, which will deactivate it. Is this what you are trying to do?
ringyneck e2
8 308 18 United Kingdom
26 Aug 2014 11:03AM
Cheers...not unknown for me to do something without knowing......as I said I am the worlds worse with things techie....
Thanks for trying to sort me out.

Keith
ringyneck e2
8 308 18 United Kingdom
26 Aug 2014 8:02PM
Sorry puertouk just seen your comment...when I right click on it theres no toolbar to click onto.

Keith

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.