Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Depth of field

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Point made.
ThomasRichards_Photography

I want to start taking more photos but I'm not sure how to adjust my depth of filed. I want to know how to get sharp focusing on the subject and a really blurry background or a really blurry foreground. Advice would be much appreciated?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Sep 2012 - 10:03 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
16 Sep 2012 - 10:20 PM

We've been here before.
According to your website Richard, you're offering professional 'portrait packages' and 'wedding photography deals.'
In fact it tells us that you're quite an expert.
How is it then, that you need us to tell you about DoF?

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
16 Sep 2012 - 10:23 PM

Here were are Thomas - an article for you. Grin

ThomasRichards_Photography

Quote: We've been here before.
According to your website Richard, you're offering professional 'portrait packages' and 'wedding photography deals.'
In fact it tells us that you're quite an expert.
How is it then, that you need us to tell you about DoF?

No where on my site does it say I am a professional and I am not offering wedding packages. And as it states on my fb page and website, it says i am a photography student.

Jestertheclown
16 Sep 2012 - 10:36 PM

It doesn't say it now that you've removed it.

Ten minutes ago your Facebook page was displaying the same advert that you were being asked questions about the last time you showed up on here.
This link from your FB page contains precisely the same information as the ad. that you've removed.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 16 Sep 2012 - 10:40 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
16 Sep 2012 - 10:37 PM

Lol! He's quick off the mark, our Thomas! Wink

robthecamman
16 Sep 2012 - 10:41 PM

gets more interesting this site

Carabosse
16 Sep 2012 - 10:44 PM

Thomas and Lucian should set up a photography partnership! Smile

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
16 Sep 2012 - 10:58 PM

Go back to basics and forget all this professional nonsense where it is so easy to fall flat on your face.

More than enough on the internet that covers basic exposure technique starting by switching your camera to manual.....and leave it there.

Quote: i am a photography student.

Your question is not that convincing.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315243 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2012 - 12:38 AM

Quote: I want to start taking more photos but I'm not sure how to adjust my depth of filed. I want to know how to get sharp focusing on the subject and a really blurry background or a really blurry foreground. Advice would be much appreciated?

Quote: No where on my site does it say I am a professional and I am not offering wedding packages

So why are you advertising yourself as a professional ?

I am now taking bookings for October! If you are planning a fancy dress party then why bot get everyone dressed up for a photoshoot? I am also taking bookings for November/December if you would like to purchase some prints/canvases/gifts for christmas presents. Contact me for more details.

steve_p
steve_p  91097 forum posts England
17 Sep 2012 - 5:54 AM

Thomas, be very careful when you post a question on this site. In most cases you will get helpful replies. But there are some people who will make nasty comments. I went to a wedding fair yesterday and was talking to one of the photographers there. I just happened to ask what equipment he used. The comment was are you one of these amateurs who think they can do a good job and undermine the professionals work?

Yes I would have loved to do it for a living, but I haven't got the inclination now. At my age it's far too stressful.

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
17 Sep 2012 - 9:22 AM

Photography Student?
Why hasn't it been covered on your course?
Strange, when I did my first C&G course basic DoF was one of the first things covered, third week I think.
Followed on later with more in-depth practical work.

Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2012 - 9:44 AM

Far too many people buy a camera and because everything seems easy by setting the thing to 'Auto', advertise themselves as professioanls. You see here far too often a guy who clearly states on his blog that he is a beginner, empbazones a logo all over the front of a print showing a business name - his name. Totally crazy.

MikeA
MikeA  91168 forum posts England
17 Sep 2012 - 9:46 AM

Perhaps a link from here to his FB page might help potential clients decide if he is the right person to help them / take their money Wink

monkeygrip
17 Sep 2012 - 10:07 AM

Un-believable advertising yourself as a working photographer and asking a question about one of the most fundamental building blocks of photography is shameful.

Now if you would have asked for help in mastering DOF this thread could have been an interesting read.

I am sure we are all being taken for a ride by a troll here, if not then I weep for your customers or should I say the victims of your fraud.

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Point made.