Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Depth of field

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : Point made.

KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2012 10:10AM

Quote: You see here far too often a guy who clearly states on his blog that he is a beginner

A professional beginner Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

17 Sep 2012 10:24AM

Quote:and I am not offering wedding packages

What's this then....?

thomas-richards-photography.jpg

gaelldew 7 289 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2012 10:34AM
Must be somebody else. lol.
KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2012 10:38AM
"all photos sorted" Lol
The hole gets deeper and deeper Smile
Focus_Man 4 481 631 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2012 10:46AM
So given that for 20.00 I can have an hour of pictures taken at a location chosen by me, I might just book him for my holiday in Tibet!!!!!
KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2012 11:05AM
Newdevonian 2 452 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2012 11:54AM
I wrote this on another thread. I think it might contain a little wisdom for our friend.

A large number of us have made a few bob by charging for our services at one time or another. That does not make us a "pro" or even a "semi pro" by any stretch of the imagination.
A "pro" in my mind, is a good photographer who supports himself and possibly his family, longterm, with no other means of support.
Also, a large amount of the amateur work I have seen on this site, far outranks most press photography seen in the newspapers and a lot of the magazines, (without wishing to be topical).
So all those aspiring to be "Pros", be careful what you wish for. You just might stop being a photographer and just become another shutter hack.
KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2012 12:40PM

Quote:A large number of us have made a few bob by charging for our services at one time or another

That would include Lord Sugar who in his youth went round taking pictures door to door then printing at home in a makeshift darkroom in the days of film. He wrote "PROOF" across the prints. When questioned his reply was any ordered prints would be without the wording.

His purpose from childhood was to make money with his business acumen bearing some measure of success with a few failures in his wake.

Whatever direction our Thomas goes it would be worthwhile to have a hard look at the grammar he uses.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
17 Sep 2012 12:50PM
Thomas probably doesn't realise that, thanks to Mr Google, Mr Bing and indeed searches on Facebook itself, his potential clients (if any) can easily pick up on web discussions such as this! Wink

He will be well-advised to spend a few days throughly browsing the Techniques section of this site, before asking what are very basic questions for someone who purports to be sufficiently competent enough to sell his services.

Otherwise he is in danger of making himself into a laughing stock......................
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
17 Sep 2012 1:16PM
That ad. that Kevin's reproduced is the one that was hastily taken down yesterday evening and was the subject of a thread on here a while ago.
At that time, Mr. Richards was pushing that advert whilst using a bridge camera. That's not to say that bridge cameras are no good; I've taken some shots with mine of which I've been very proud but I wouldn't advertise my services as a pro. while I was using it.
Actually, I wouldn't advertise my services as a pro. anyway!