Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Depth-of-Fiend ???

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    DunDiggin
    DunDiggin  761 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    7 May 2011 - 8:56 AM

I can't resist posting on this - it made me laugh anyway.

I just came across a new piece of photographic terminology whilst looking at information about the Pentax 645D on the Pentax UK website.

Apparently, because it has a larger sensor than a 35mm DSLR, it offers (and I quote):

"Distinctive imaging characteristics different from those of 35mm format
    Rich gradation, natural depth-of-fiend description at open aperture, and crisp image definition at smaller apertures. "

Now, I'm not sure I want a description of a fiend's depths in relation to any sort of open aperture, but (as some of my US friends might say) your mileage may vary.

If you'd like to see the full description, it's at: Pentax 645D

Maybe, if you don't select the right aperture for your picture then the Bokeh Man will come and get you (cue Vincent Price laugh).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 May 2011 - 8:56 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JamesGarfield

Lol the bokeh man! Maybe we should draw up a list of the most fiendish people we can think of? I'm throwing in **** Darstardly as a starter??

DunDiggin
    7 May 2011 - 9:07 AM

Curses! You chose arguably the top animated villain, but no, wait, what about... The Hooded Claw???

Andy_Cundell
    7 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

In all honesty, if a company can't even get it's web site correct, it's not going to get my custom!

woodlark
    woodlark e2 Member 10531 forum postswoodlark vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    7 May 2011 - 12:08 PM

I need a translator. Sounds like the best camera ever Wink

loweskid
    loweskid  132042 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    7 May 2011 - 3:37 PM

Quote: In all honesty, if a company can't even get it's web site correct, it's not going to get my custom!

Oh come on - it's a simple typo, that's all (like the errant apostrophe in the first it's of your sentence above).

Robert_Malcolm
    7 May 2011 - 10:19 PM

Yay - support the Grammar Police (I'm a fully paid-up member) and its objectives. It's important to rid the world of surplus apostrophes. People that use them also have problems with their colons.

Tongue

BendTheLight
    8 May 2011 - 7:50 AM

Quote: Punctuation Police surely Smile

Pedantic Police, surely! Tongue

Sorry, couldn't resist. Tongue

Quote: Lol the bokeh man! Maybe we should draw up a list of the most fiendish people we can think of? I'm throwing in **** Darstardly as a starter??

Did you self censor the diminutive "Richard" or is that not allowed here? Smile

DunDiggin
    11 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

Quote: Did you self censor the diminutive "Richard" or is that not allowed here? Smile

Maybe because I originated the message, but I can see (if you'll pardon the expression) JamesGarfield's diminutive Richard. Grin

But only when I log in. Sad

The fiendish depths these censors will stoop to!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.