Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Depth-of-Fiend ???

DunDiggin 7 61 2 United Kingdom
7 May 2011 8:56AM
I can't resist posting on this - it made me laugh anyway.

I just came across a new piece of photographic terminology whilst looking at information about the Pentax 645D on the Pentax UK website.

Apparently, because it has a larger sensor than a 35mm DSLR, it offers (and I quote):

"Distinctive imaging characteristics different from those of 35mm format
Rich gradation, natural depth-of-fiend description at open aperture, and crisp image definition at smaller apertures. "

Now, I'm not sure I want a description of a fiend's depths in relation to any sort of open aperture, but (as some of my US friends might say) your mileage may vary.

If you'd like to see the full description, it's at: Pentax 645D

Maybe, if you don't select the right aperture for your picture then the Bokeh Man will come and get you (cue Vincent Price laugh).

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JamesGarfield 5 915 4 United Kingdom
7 May 2011 9:02AM
Lol the bokeh man! Maybe we should draw up a list of the most fiendish people we can think of? I'm throwing in **** Darstardly as a starter??
7 May 2011 9:07AM
Curses! You chose arguably the top animated villain, but no, wait, what about... The Hooded Claw???
Andy_Cundell 3 1.1k 5 England
7 May 2011 11:30AM
In all honesty, if a company can't even get it's web site correct, it's not going to get my custom!
woodlark e2
10 538 1 United Kingdom
7 May 2011 12:08PM
I need a translator. Sounds like the best camera ever Wink
loweskid 13 2.0k 1 United Kingdom
7 May 2011 3:37PM

Quote:In all honesty, if a company can't even get it's web site correct, it's not going to get my custom!

Oh come on - it's a simple typo, that's all (like the errant apostrophe in the first it's of your sentence above).
7 May 2011 10:19PM
Yay - support the Grammar Police (I'm a fully paid-up member) and its objectives. It's important to rid the world of surplus apostrophes. People that use them also have problems with their colons.

Tongue
8 May 2011 7:50AM

Quote:Punctuation Police surely Smile

Pedantic Police, surely! Tongue

Sorry, couldn't resist. Tongue

Quote:Lol the bokeh man! Maybe we should draw up a list of the most fiendish people we can think of? I'm throwing in **** Darstardly as a starter??

Did you self censor the diminutive "Richard" or is that not allowed here? Smile
11 May 2011 12:17PM

Quote:Did you self censor the diminutive "Richard" or is that not allowed here? Smile

Maybe because I originated the message, but I can see (if you'll pardon the expression) JamesGarfield's diminutive Richard. Grin

But only when I log in. Sad

The fiendish depths these censors will stoop to!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.