Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Derelict and abandoned buildings...Cambridge

johnnyboy114 6 231 106 United Kingdom
21 Apr 2010 10:46AM
Hi all

I was wondering....does anyone know of any abandoned or derelict buildings in the Cambridge and surrounding areas that have easy access and are relatively secluded for a photoshoot this weekend? I have lived there for 14 years, but never really had call for this kind of thing and I have a model wanting images in this kind of location, but I know of nothing.

If no-one knows, does anyone know of any sites or any facilities online that might be able to point me in the right direction to get ideas? Getting a bit desperate now....so would love any help on this. Any info is good info!

Thanks in advance

John

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
21 Apr 2010 11:00AM
RAP asked this a few months ago for Peterborough/Stamford area which isn't far off. Maybe he found some places nearer you. Hopefully he'll spot the thread.
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
21 Apr 2010 11:02AM
21 Apr 2010 11:03AM
Thanks Pete and thanks Answers....I have literally just found this site, so registering as I type! Thanks again and will be in touch with RAP! Could be useful!

Cheers
21 Apr 2010 11:47AM
Johnny have a look around the fens, plenty of disused/derelict stuff out there, Baston Fen as i remember has old farms etc. Have a look on Google maps/earth. Can be very handy.

jken
21 Apr 2010 12:44PM
Cheers jken, I willdo that. Been asking around here at work as well. Have some leads...but this might expand the search. Thanks!
hanj91 4 1
23 Apr 2010 2:36PM
Same question really, does anyone know of any good places they could tell me about? I have a few places I want to go to over the next few months outside of Cambridgeshire but I want to find one in the next few weeks too. I've looked on google maps and haven't been able to find anything promising...

Thanks
mimulus 4 1 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2010 12:30PM
DONT KNOW ANY IN CAMBRIDGE BUT EMAIL ME I WILL GIVE YOU SOME PLACES NEAR THANKS FOR COMMENT ON MY PHOTO
JASON link removed - please see site t&cs

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.