Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Derelict warehouse style locations in Edinburgh

studioline 4 72 4 United Kingdom
18 Jul 2011 4:26PM
Hi. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I am looking for derelict open spaces within Edinburgh. Something like a warehouse where I can shoot? I don't mind traveling outside edinburgh 50 miles or so for the right location.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
18 Jul 2011 10:55PM
The problem with Edinburgh is that property prices are so high that any derelict warehouses quickly get redeveloped. Not sure if there are still any round about the Bernard Street area of Leith but maybe worth nosing around there. Take a walk from the bottom of Constitution Street towards Seafield Crematorium. Also Focus have just closed their stores, so maybe some possibilities there if you can slip the caretaker a bung.

Snapper 9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
18 Jul 2011 11:57PM
Google got me a YouTube video for a building in Pumpherston dated April this year. Presumably you could email the person that posted it to get more details?

studioline 4 72 4 United Kingdom
19 Jul 2011 7:24AM
Thank you so much guys,both of you. Amazing that you both gave up your own tie to research it. I tried on google and turned up nothing useful.
Very much appreciated.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.