Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Design your perfect camera

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73865 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
8 Apr 2013 - 1:27 PM

A optically perfect pancake lens, F1.2, with a focal length of 4mm to 2000mm weighing 20 grams. 100GB, total weight of less than 50g. with a 50 stop dynamic range - no filters reguired then.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Apr 2013 - 1:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53613 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
8 Apr 2013 - 3:31 PM

Sensor - 20 stop dynamic range sensor with usable ISO up into the 10-64 million.
Sensor - full image circle circular sensor so i'd ver have to worry about an off horizontal shot again.
Sensor - 35mm diameter to maintain creative DOF capability, Overall 50 Mpixel.
Sensor - with 5mm tiny pixel 10 Mpixel core to use for excellent macro DOF and allow smaller lenses, or pixel pooled for its normal larger sensor use.
Sensor - Stabilised so that lenses are cheaper.
Electronics - 10 fps and EVF with full-time focus.
Electronics - Eye detection and selectable focus point (for multiple eyes).
Electronics - Wifi Cloud backup.
Size - Compact size

petebfrance
8 Apr 2013 - 3:49 PM

Another interesting thought (well, to me anyway) is that I like the idea of a touch screen for direct control, but prefer to use an EVF. I wonder if there's any way of combing the two approaches.

Now the reasons I prefer the EVF to the LCD / Screen are:
- added stability with camera held against face
- dioptre adjustment as I'm long-sighted
- habit. I have to admit, though, that when my eyesight was good I would probably have preferred an LCD thingy - but that was before digital......
- bright sunlight makes LCDs a bit difficult to see.
so, if these can be overcome, no need etc.

Or, some sort of head-up display driven by a touch thingy........but selecting from menu options on the evf makes my eyes go awol, so perhaps binocular viewfinder would be good?

Last Modified By petebfrance at 8 Apr 2013 - 3:49 PM
rhol2
rhol2 e2 Member 3295 forum postsrhol2 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
8 Apr 2013 - 3:51 PM

A camera so technically accomplished and intelligent that it literally will not allow the user to take a shot unless everything is perfect.. subject,composition,focus, exposure and so on.Wink

mikehit
mikehit  56432 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
8 Apr 2013 - 4:01 PM

Quote: A camera so technically accomplished and intelligent that it literally will not allow the user to take a shot unless everything is perfect.. subject,composition,focus, exposure and so on.Wink

That would be me down to 3 pictures a year.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64428 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
8 Apr 2013 - 4:10 PM

Quote: My good lady would like a .....COMPACT CAMERA.....complete with makeup, lippy and nail varnish etc.
Hobbo

At last, someone's talking sense. Smile

Newdevonian
8 Apr 2013 - 4:10 PM

Quote: A optically perfect pancake lens, F1.2, with a focal length of 4mm to 2000mm weighing 20 grams. 100GB, total weight of less than 50g. with a 50 stop dynamic range - no filters reguired then.

Plus the turret of an Abrams tank to mount it. You might as well include target acquisition and a 100 frames / sec.

petebfrance
8 Apr 2013 - 4:15 PM

Quote: A camera so technically accomplished and intelligent that it literally will not allow the user to take a shot unless everything is perfect.. subject,composition,focus, exposure and so on.Wink

That would be me down to 3 pictures a year.

Saves a lot of disc space Smile

The first time I used the histogram on my camera, with instructions in hand of course, I was somewhat shocked. The camera was telling me that certain parts of my picture were over-exposed, which made me quite angry because the picture was taken on auto which meant, of course, that the (#{}* camera had chosen the settings, so why didn't the (#{}* stupid thing choose right ones in the first place? Stupid (#{}* things, cameras.....

Last Modified By petebfrance at 8 Apr 2013 - 4:16 PM
joshwa
joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 4601 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
8 Apr 2013 - 5:29 PM

^ Peterbfrance - you need one with either excellent dynamic range, or one with auto-HDR built in that will do it automatically every time it's needed. But without the need for multiple shots merged together. (Like the Fujifilm EXR DR mode)

petebfrance
8 Apr 2013 - 5:38 PM

Quote: ^ Peterbfrance - you need one with either excellent dynamic range, or one with auto-HDR built in that will do it automatically every time it's needed. But without the need for multiple shots merged together. (Like the Fujifilm EXR DR mode)

thanks, Josh, that's absolutely true, although to be fair that happened about 6 years ago!
Every few years I search for something better, and every few years I fail miserably to make my mind up - after all, the old one still works and I'm not really convinced that it's the limiting factor in my ability to take decent photos. Sure, there are times when it should do better, but I think they are outnumbered by the times when I should do better!

janeez
janeez e2 Member 61188 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
8 Apr 2013 - 7:30 PM

One with eyes in the back of it's head that pokes you when something far more interesting is going on behind you! Wink

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110265 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
8 Apr 2013 - 7:47 PM

Quote: One with eyes in the back of it's head that pokes you when something far more interesting is going on behind you!

I've already got that device - she's called Pam! Wink

Last Modified By brian1208 at 8 Apr 2013 - 7:48 PM
janeez
janeez e2 Member 61188 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
8 Apr 2013 - 7:55 PM

Quote: I've already got that device - she's called Pam!

GrinGrinGrin Can I borrow her please? Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315324 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Apr 2013 - 8:11 PM

Quote: built in polariser,
built in infrared sensor switch over
Built in ND filter that works on areas you draw on screen with feather control
Selective multi spot meter with draw in regions with 1 degree spot meter

Yes built in infrared sensor with switch over, something I`ve often said in the past.

The perfect camera for me would be a digital version of the 35SP, full frame sensor, same or similar 42mm lens.

1-olympus-35sp.jpg

Aperture and shutter speed control around the lens same as OM system and 35SP

In built ND filters like the x100, a decent thumb grip built in.

A wireless flash system that fully supports leaf shutters, so flash sync at all speeds (not some stupid FP mode)

Decent frame rate and video.

And a whole lot cheaper than Sony`s offering Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 8 Apr 2013 - 8:14 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315324 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Apr 2013 - 9:08 PM

Quote: Sensor - 20 stop dynamic range sensor with usable ISO up into the 10-64 million.
Sensor - full image circle circular sensor so i'd ver have to worry about an off horizontal shot again.
Sensor - 35mm diameter to maintain creative DOF capability, Overall 50 Mpixel.
Sensor - with 5mm tiny pixel 10 Mpixel core to use for excellent macro DOF and allow smaller lenses, or pixel pooled for its normal larger sensor use.
Sensor - Stabilised so that lenses are cheaper.
Electronics - 10 fps and EVF with full-time focus.
Electronics - Eye detection and selectable focus point (for multiple eyes).
Electronics - Wifi Cloud backup.
Size - Compact size

Just get the OMD Stuart Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.